The performance of QDSCs based on 3D structural counter electrodes of multi-wall carbon nanotubes and nanographite
- 27 Downloads
TiO2 photoanode is sensitized with CdS and ZnS quantum dots (QDs) through the successive ionic layer adsorption and reaction (SILAR), and it is assembled into the quantum dot sensitized solar cells (QDSCs) with polysulfide electrolyte and three dimensional (3D) counter electrodes (CEs) of acid-treated multi-wall carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) mixed with nanographite. According to SEM images and EDS spectrum, CdS and ZnS QDs have been attached to TiO2 photoanode. The infrared spectra of acid-treated MWCNTs can verify that there introduced several oxygenic functional groups in it. The TEM images of carbon CEs show graphite nanoparticles are attached to acid-treated MWCNTs framework to form the 3D structure with the large specific surface area. The photoelectric properties of QDSCs with different CEs (traditional metal Pt and 3D carbon material) are analyzed through EIS, Tafel and J–V curves. The results show that power conversion efficiency (PCE) of QDSCs based on optimized composite CEs is a little lower than that of Pt CE QDSCs, but 3D carbon material CE exhibits excellent corrosion resistance and photovoltaic stability in QDSCs. PCE attenuation rate of QDSCs based on 3D carbon CEs is 3.947%, significantly slower than that of Pt CE QDSCs, 13.118% at the identical conditions of illumination. Especially, the PCE of QDSCs with 3D structure CE (2.482%) is higher than that of Pt CE QDSCs (2.444%) after 12 h illumination.
This work was financially supported by Harbin Project of outstanding academic leaders (Grant no. 2017RAXXJ078).
- 10.J. Yao, K. Zhang, W. Wang, X. Zuo, Q. Yang, M. Wu, G. Li, Great enhancement of electrochemical cyclic voltammetry stabilization of Fe3O4 microspheres by introducing 3DRGO, electrochimica acta, 20(2018)168–176Google Scholar
- 13.S.S. Karade, R.B. Sankapal, Room temperature PEDOT:PSS encapsulated MWCNT’s thin film for electrochemical supercapacitor. J. Electroanal. Chem. 16, 1572–6657 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.M.J. Li, P. Cheng, G.Q. Luo, Q. Shen, K.M. Zhang, Graphene nanoribbons (GNRs) by unzipping MWCNTs for the improvement of PMMA microcellular foams. Applied Polymer 45182, 1–8 (2017)Google Scholar
- 18.H.G. Li, Y.M. Xiao, G.Y. Han, M.Y. Li, Honeycomb-like polypyrrole/multi-wall carbon nanotube films as an effective counter electrode in bifacial dye-sensitized solar cells. J. Mater. Sci. 4, 1–11 (2017)Google Scholar
- 25.R.H. Geiss, T.C. Huang, Quantitative X-ray energy dispersive analysis with the transmission electron microscope, X-ray Spectrometry. 4(1975)196–201Google Scholar