Dy2O3/CuO nanocomposites: microwave assisted synthesis and investigated photocatalytic properties
- 123 Downloads
Dy2O3/CuO nanocomposites were synthesized by rapid and fast microwave method in polyol solvent. Effect of time and power of microwave irradiation and type of solvent on size and morphology were investigated. Synthesized Dy2O3/CuO is characterized with X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis, Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and UV–Visible absorption spectroscopy. Photocatalytic properties for two color, methylene blue and rhodamin b under ultraviolet light irradiation were done and 54 and 47.7% degradation for MB and RB respectively.
Authors are grateful to the council of Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) and University of Kashan for supporting this work by Grant No. (159271/892290).
- 14.M. Hassanpour, H. Safardoust, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, Microwave synthesis of CuO/NiO magnetic nanocomposites and its application in photo-degradation of methyl orange. J. Mater. Sci. 27, 2718–2727 (2016)Google Scholar
- 24.M. Chandrasekhar, H. Nagabhushana, K. Sudheerkumar, N. Dhananjaya, S. Sharma, D. Kavyashree, C. Shivakumara, B. Nagabhushana, Comparison of structural and luminescence properties of Dy2O3 nanopowders synthesized by co-precipitation and green combustion routes. Mater. Res. Bull. 55, 237–245 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.M. Safari-Amiri, S. Mortazavi-Derazkola, M. Salavati-Niasari, S.M. Ghoreishi, Synthesis and characterization of Dy2O3 nanostructures: enhanced photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B under UV irradiation. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 6467–6474 (2017)Google Scholar
- 26.M. Hassanpour, H. Safardoust-Hojaghan, M. Salavati-Niasari, Rapid and eco-friendly synthesis of NiO/ZnO nanocomposite and its application in decolorization of dye. J. Mater. Sci. 1–8 (2017)Google Scholar
- 33.M. Hassanpour, H. Safardoust-Hojaghan, M. Salavati-Niasari, A. Yeganeh-Faal, Nano-sized CuO/ZnO hollow spheres: synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic performance. J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 28, 14678–14684 (2017)Google Scholar
- 38.M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Shakouri-Arani, F. Davar, Flexible ligand synthesis, characterization and catalytic oxidation of cyclohexane with host (nanocavity of zeolite-Y)/guest (Mn(II), Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) complexes of tetrahydro-salophen) nanocomposite materials. Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 116, 77–85 (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.M. Salavati-Niasari, Synthesis and characterization of host (nanodimensional pores of zeolite-Y)–guest [unsaturated 16-membered octaaza–macrocycle manganese (II), cobalt(II), nickel(II), copper(II), and zinc(II) complexes] nanocomposite materials. Chem. Lett. 34, 1444–1445 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar