Facile synthesis of polypyrrole/carbon-coated MoO3 nanoparticle/graphene nanoribbon nanocomposite with high-capacitance applied in supercapacitor electrode
- 374 Downloads
The core–shell structure of carbon-coated MoO3 (C#MoO3) nanoparticles have been prepared by using a simple hydrothermal synthesis and using in situ method to fabricate the high performance nanocomposite with polypyrrole (PPy) and graphene nanoribbon (GNR). The chemical and structural of the samples were characterized by using Fourier transform infrared (FTIR), Raman, and X-ray diffraction. The morphology of C#MoO3 nanoparticle and its nanocomposite was also observed by using high-resolution transmission electron microscopy. The electrochemical performance of prepared PPy/C#MoO3 nanoparticle/GNR nanocomposite not only present the high specific capacitance (991 F g−1) at 5 mV s−1 scan rate in a 1 M H2SO4 electrolyte but also shows the high retention (92.1%) of capacitance after 1000 charge/discharge cycles. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy test for PPy/C#MoO3 nanoparticle/GNR nanocomposite also shows the very low charge-transfer resistance. These superior properties significantly show that the C#MoO3 nanoparticle used to fabricate the nanocomposite can further improve the specific capacitance and cycle stability. Here this paper also provides a low cost and facile process to fabricate the high performance nanocomposite as a promising electrode material for supercapacitor.
The financial support provided by Ministry of Science and Technology through the project MOST 104-2212-E-005-089-MY2 is greatly appreciated.
Funding was provided by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (Grand No. MOST 104-2212-E-005-089-MY2).
- 8.F. Akbar, M. Kolahdouz, S. Larimian, B. Radfar, H.H. Radamson, Graphene synthesis, characterization and its applications in nanophotonics, nanoelectronics, and nanosensing. J. Mater. Sci. 26, 4347–4379 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.M. Manoj, K.M. Anilkumar, B. Jinisha, Jayalekshmi, Polyaniline-graphene oxide based ordered nanocomposite electrodes for high-performance supercapacitor application. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 14323–14330 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.R. Dhilip Kumar, Y. Andou, Karuppuchamy, Facile synthesis of Co–WO3/functionalized carbon nanotube nanocomposites for supercapacitor applications. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 5425–5434 (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.A.K. Das, S.K. Karan, B.B. Khatua, High energy density ternary composite electrode material based on polyaniline (PANI), molybdenum trioxide (MoO3) and graphene nanoplatelets (GNP) prepared by sono-chemical method and their synergistic contributions in superior supercapacitive performance. Electrochim. Acta 180, 1–15 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.P. Thi Thuy Phuong, N. Phuc Hoang Duy, V. Tan Tai, N. Huu Huy Phuc, L. Cam Loc, Facile method for synthesis of nanosized β-MoO3 and their catalytic behavior for selective oxidation of methanol to formaldehyde. Adv. Nat. Sci. 6, 045010 (2015)Google Scholar