Transparent nano layered Li3PO4 coatings on bare and ITO coated glass by thermionic vacuum arc method
- 154 Downloads
In this paper, Li3PO4 (LPO) thin films were coated onto bare and indium tin oxide (ITO) coated glass substrates by thermionic vacuum arc technique. The structural, surface, and optical properties of the LPO films were investigated. The properties of the deposited films were analyzed using an X-ray diffraction, field emission scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, UV–Vis spectrophotometer, and interferometer tools. The miller indices of the crystalline planes of the ITO coated samples were determined as to be (222), (123), (400), (420), (440), (622), and (444). The (200), (121), (112), (301), and (410) miller indices for the crystalline planes were detected for the LPO layers deposited directly on glass. The grain sizes, the microstrain, the lattice strain values, the dislocation density and the number of crystallite per unit area were estimated for LPO layer. The transparency values of the produced Li3PO4/glass (sample S1) and Li3PO4/ITO/glass (sample S2) structures were relatively high 87 and 90% for bare and ITO coated glass substrate, respectively. The reflection values of the coated samples onto bare and ITO coated glass were approximately as 0.05 and 0.06 at 550 nm, respectively.
This research activity was supported by TUBITAK (Grant No. 115E331).
- 2.J. Clement, Investigation of thin film materials for next generation lithium ion batteries (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.T. Hwang, J. Lee, H. Noh, J. Lee, J. Mun, J.-K. Lee, W. Choi, Surface coating of 5V spinel LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4 cathodes by carbon materials for Li-ion batteries applications, in Meeting Abstracts, The Electrochemical Society, 2015, pp. 553–553Google Scholar
- 20.I.J. Gordon, S. Grugeon, H. Takenouti, B. Tribollet, M. Armand, C. Davoisne, A. Débart, S. Laruelle, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy response study of a commercial graphite-based negative electrode for Li-ion batteries as function of the cell state of charge and ageing. Electrochim. Acta 223, 63–73 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.E. Kartini, T.Y.S. Putra, Supardi, W. Honggowranto, T. Umbar, M. Manawan, Neutron study on Li3PO4 solid electrolyte prepared by wet chemical reaction. in Asian oceania conference on neutron scattering (AOCNS), Sydney, Australia (2015)Google Scholar
- 26.Y. Sakurai, A. Sakuda, A. Hayashi, M. Tatsumisago, Coating of Li4SiO4-Li3PO4 solid electrolyte films on LiCoO2 particles by pulsed laser deposition, in Meeting Abstracts, The Electrochemical Society, 2010, pp. 596–596Google Scholar
- 27.Y. Kobayashi, H. Miyashiro, K. Takei, H. Shigemura, M. Tabuchi, H. Kageyama, T. Iwahori, 5 V class all-solid-state composite lithium battery with Li3PO4 coated LiNi0.5Mn1.5O4. J. Electrochem. Soc. 150, A1577–A1582 (2003)Google Scholar
- 31.S. Pat, S. Özen, V. Şenay, Ş. Korkmaz, Z. Pat, Solid state battery manufacturing with thermionic vacuum ARC and RF sputtering. in 2015 IEEE International Conference on Plasma Sciences (ICOPS), IEEE, 2015, pp. 1–1Google Scholar
- 39.H.H. Yudar, S. Pat, Ş. Korkmaz, S. Özen, V. Şenay, Zn/ZnSe thin films deposition by RF magnetron sputtering. J. Mater. Sci, 28, 1–5 (2016)Google Scholar