A new scheme to acquire BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers with upconversion luminescence
- 166 Downloads
PVP/[Ba(CH3COO)2 + Y(NO3)3 + Er(NO3)3] composite nanofibers were prepared via electrospinning, and then the mixed oxide nanofibers were obtained by calcination of the above composite nanofibers. BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers were successfully fabricated via a double-crucible fluorination method by using the prepared mixed oxide nanofibers as precursor. X-ray diffraction analysis reveals that BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers are pure monoclinic phase with space group of C2/m. The diameter of BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers is 159.9 ± 15.9 nm under the 95 % confidence level. Upconversion fluorescent spectroscopy analysis manifests that BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers emit strong green and weak red upconversion emissions centering at 523 (2H11/2 → 4I15/2), 540 (4S3/2 → 4I15/2) and 652 (4F9/2 → 4I15/2) nm, respectively, and the emitting colors of BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers are located in the green region in CIE chromaticity coordinates diagram. The optimum doping molar concentration of Er3+ ions in the BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers is found to be 5 %. The formation process and upconversion luminescence mechanism of the BaY2F8:Er3+ nanofibers are also studied. This novel preparative technique can be applied to fabricate other rare earth fluoride one-dimensional nanomaterials.
KeywordsPump Power Composite Nanofibers Excited State Absorption Upconversion Luminescence Upconversion Emission
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC 51573023, 50972020, 51072026), Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education (20102216110002, 20112216120003), the Science and Technology Development Planning Project of Jilin Province (Grant Nos. 20130101001JC, 20070402).
- 16.D. Li, X.T. Dong, W.S. Yu, J.X. Wang, G.X. Liu, J. Nanopart. Res. 15(6), 1–10 (2013)Google Scholar
- 25.X.J. Zhou, Q.L. Ma, X.T. Dong, J.X. Wang, W.S. Yu, G.X. Liu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 35(5), 3112–3118 (2015)Google Scholar
- 26.K. Lun, Q.L. Ma, M. Yang, X.T. Dong, Y. Yang, J.X. Wang, W.S. Yu, G.X. Liu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26(8), 5994–6003 (2015)Google Scholar
- 27.X. Xi, Q.L. Ma, M. Yang, X.T. Dong, Y. Yang, J.X. Wang, W.S. Yu, G.X. Liu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25(9), 4024–4032 (2014)Google Scholar
- 28.K. Lun, Q.L. Ma, M. Yang, X.T. Dong, Y. Yang, J.X. Wang, W.S. Yu, G.X. Liu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25(12), 5994–6003 (2014)Google Scholar