A simple sonochemical synthesis and characterization of CdWO4 nanoparticles and its photocatalytic application
- 268 Downloads
Cadmium tungstate (CdWO4) nanoparticles were synthesized via a sonochemical method based on the reaction between cadmium(II) nitrate hexahydrate and sodium tungstate dihydrate in an aqueous solution. To the best of authors’ knowledge, it is the first time that cadmium tungstate was synthesized by ultrasonic method. The structural, morphological, and optical properties of as-obtained products were characterized by X-ray diffraction, Scanning electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis (EDS), and ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy. The as-synthesized cadmium tungstate indicated a ferromagnetic behavior which evidenced by using vibrating sample magnetometer at room temperature. To evaluate the photocatalysts properties of nanocrystalline cadmium tungstate, the photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange under ultraviolet light irradiation was carried out.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Methyl Orange Energy Dispersive Spectrometry Ultrasonic Irradiation Nitrate Hexahydrate
Authors are grateful to council of University of Arak for providing financial support to undertake this work.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
- 1.G. Nabiyouni, D. Ghanbari, S. Karimzadeh, B. Samani-Ghalehtaki, J. NanoStruct. 4, 467 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.G. Nabiyouni, D. Ghanbari, J. Ghasemi, A. Yousofnejad, J. NanoStruct. 5, 289 (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.A. Asghari, M. Hemati, M. Ghaedi, M. Rajabi, B. Mirtamizdoust, J. NanoStruct. 4, 17 (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.J. Safari, Z. Zarnegar, J. NanoStruct. 3, 191 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.M. Khatamifar, Z. Rashidi-Ranjbar, S.J. Fatemi, IJND 6, 363 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.M. Dadkhah, M. Salavati-Niasari, N. Mir, J. NanoStruct. 2, 153 (2012)Google Scholar
- 21.E. Khosravifard, M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Dadkhah, G. Sodeifian, J. NanoStruct. 2, 191 (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Khatamifar, Z. Rashidi Ranjbar, S.J. Fatemi, Int. J. Nano Dimens. 6(4), 363 (2015)Google Scholar