Effects of Ca doping on the energy storage properties of (Sr, Ca)TiO3 paraelectric ceramics
- 427 Downloads
The energy storage properties of Ca-doped (Sr, Ca)TiO3 (SCT) paraelectric ceramics have been intensively investigated by traditional solid state sintering method. Phase structures and morphology were detected by the X-ray diffraction and SEM, respectively. The electric field strength dependence of polarization was measured and employed to calculate the energy storage density. The doped SCT ceramics exhibit high permittivity, low loss, and higher breakdown strength. At 333 kV/cm electric field strength, the energy storage density of the 2 mol % Ca-doped SrTiO3 ceramics with fine grain can achieve 1.95 J/cm3, which is 2.8 times of pure SrTiO3 in the literature, and its energy storage efficiency reaches 72.3 %. Therefore, the SCT ceramics might be a kind of promising energy storage dielectric material.
KeywordsDielectric Loss Electric Field Strength Weibull Distribution Weibull Modulus Breakdown Strength
This work was supported by International Technology Cooperation Project from Ministry of Science and Technology of China (No. 2011DFA52680), Key Program of Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 50932004), Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51102189), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 123243001), National Key Basic Research Program of China (No. 2015CB654601) and the program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (No. NCET-11-0685).
- 4.N. Ortega, A. Kumar, J.F. Scott, B.C. Douglas, M. Tomazawa, K. Shalini, D.G.B. Diestra, R.S. Katiyar, Relaxor-ferroelectric superlattices: high energy density capacitors. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 24, 445901 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.G. Trini, A.D. Hilton, B.W. Ricketts, Dielectric energy storage in PbxSr1−xTiO3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 12(1), 17–20 (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Z.-Y. Shen, Y.-M. Li, W.-Q. Luo, Z.-M. Wang, X.-Y. Gu, R.-H. Liao, Structure and dielectric properties of NdxSr1−xTiO3 ceramics for energy storage application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 704–710 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.G. Zhao, Y. Li, H. Liu, J. Xu, H. Hao, M. Cao, Z. Yu, Effect of SiO2 additives on the microstructure and energy storage density of SrTiO3 ceramics. J. Ceram. Process. Res. 13, 310–314 (2012)Google Scholar
- 32.Y. Ye, S.C. Zhang, F. Dogan, E. Schamiloglu, J. Gaudet, P. Castro, M. Royba, M. Joler, Influence of nanocrystalline grain size on the breakdown strength of ceramic dielectrics. PPC-2003:14th IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference, vol. 1, pp. 719–722 (2003)Google Scholar