Dielectric and magnetic properties of DyMnO3 ceramics
- 313 Downloads
This paper reports the dielectric and magnetic properties of DyMnO3 (DMO) ceramics sintered at 1,100 and 1,350 °C temperature for 10 h. Sample sintered at 1,100 °C showed presence of secondary phases of Dy2O3 whereas the monophasic orthorhombic structure of DyMnO3 sample is synthesized only at sintering temperature of 1,350 °C. The dielectric properties of the sintered sample of DMO were investigated as a function of temperature (T ≥ 300 K) and frequency (10 kHz–1 MHz). Both the sintered samples showed frequency independent dielectric anomaly at 313 K. These samples exhibited ferroelectric behavior at room temperature which was evidenced from the polarization hysteresis loop measurement. No magnetic transition has been observed at room temperature. However, magnetic field dependent magnetization and temperature dependent magnetization showed the paramagnetic behavior of the DyMnO3 samples.
KeywordsManganite Sintered Sample Dy2O3 Saturation Polarization Dependent Magnetization
Author S. Samantaray greatfully acknowledged the research facilities received from the Institute of Materials Science, Bhubaneswar.
- 4.Feyerherm R, Dudzik E, Aliouane N, Argyriou DN (2006) Phys Rev B 73:180401(R)Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kimura, T. Goto, H. Shintani, K. Ishizaka, T. Arima, Y. Tokura, Nature 55, 426 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Dong, J.M. Liu, Mod Phys Lett B 26, 9 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang N, Dong S, Chang FG, Fu ZM, Liu JM (2012) Physica B 407:3736Google Scholar
- 18.Szabo G, Paris RA (1969) C R Acad Sci Paris Ser C 268:513Google Scholar
- 24.J.C. Maxwell, Electricity and magnetism (Oxford University Press, London, 1973)Google Scholar
- 25.K.W. Wagner, Ann Phys 40, 818 (1993)Google Scholar
- 30.Harikrishnan S, Robler S, Naveen Kumar CM, Bhat HL, Robler UK, Wirth S, Steglich F, Elizabeth S (2009) J Phys Condensed Matter 21:096002Google Scholar