Cathodoluminescent investigations of In x Ga1−x N layers
- 82 Downloads
The aim of this work was the investigation of the InGaN epilayers of various contents and various thickness; namely the influence of these two factors upon the cathodoluminescent (CL) properties. The studied epilayers were grown by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy. The samples were studied by electron probe microanalysis, CL, X-ray diffraction (XRD), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Some interesting peculiarities of CL spectra were obtained; the nature of the CL bands is discussed.
KeywordsNarrow Peak Electron Beam Current Scanning Electron Microscopy Data Critical Layer Thickness Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy
Authors thank personally Mrs. M. A. Jagovkina for XRD measurements. The work was performed at the Joint research center “Material science and characterization in advanced technology” (St. Petersburg, Russia) and was supported in part by Russian Academy of Science (Program of Fundamental Researches 06–02-17306, 07-02-12233-ofi; Program of Fundamental Researches of Presidium of RAS “Quantum nanostructures”).
- 2.S. Einfeldt, T. Böttcher, D. Hommel, H. Selke, P.L. Ryder, F. Bertram, T. Riemann, D. Rudloff, J. Christen, MRS Internet J. Nitride Semicond. Res. 4S1, G3.33 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Wagner, A. Ramakrishnan, D. Behr, M. Maier, N. Herres, M. Kunzer, H. Obloh, K.-H. Bachem, MRS Internet J. Nitride Semicond. Res. 4S1, G2.8 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Vantomme, M.F. Wu, S. Hogg, G. Langouche, K. Jacobs, I. Moerman, M.E. White, K.P. O’donnell, L. Nistor, J. Van Landuyt, H. Bender, MRS Internet J. Nitride Semicond. Res. 5S1, W11.38 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Ya.V. Domracheva, L.A. Bakaleinikov, E.Y. Flegontova, T.B. Popova, M.V. Zamoryanskaya, in Proceedings of EMAS 2007 10th European Workshop on Modern Developments and Applications in Microbeam Analysis, Antwerp, Belgium, 2007Google Scholar
- 9.S.V. Ivanov, V.N. Jmerik, T.V. Shubina, S.B. Listoshin, A.M. Mizerov, A.A. Sitnikova, M.H. Kim, M. Koike, B.J. Kim, P.S. Kop’ev, J. Crystal Growth 465, 301–302 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.J. Wagner, A. Ramakrishnan, D. Behr, M. Maier, N. Herres, M. Kunzer, H. Obloh, K.-H. Bachem, MRS Internet J. Nitride Semicond. Res. 4S1, G2.8 (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.A.S. Zubrillov, J.V. Melnikov, D.V. Cvetkov, V.E. Bugrov, A.N. Nikolaev, S.I. Stepanov, V.A. Dmitriev, Semicondutors 31, 616 (1997)Google Scholar
- 17.C.C. YANG, S.-W. FENG et al., in Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 4280 (2001)Google Scholar