EXAFS investigation of iron local environment in metal-doped titania photocatalysts prepared by hydrothermal and high-energy ball milling routes
Iron local environment was investigated by EXAFS in Fe- and (Fe, Eu)-doped TiO2 photocatalysts, prepared by hydrothermal and high-energy ball milling (HEBM) routes. In the case of the hydrothermal samples, the substitution of Ti4+ by Fe3+ ions was evidenced. For the samples prepared by HEBM, the iron environment corresponds to mixed metallic and oxidized (FeO, α-Fe2O3) configurations, without a clear evidence of iron incorporation into the TiO2 lattice. This could be related to the catalyst contamination by iron microparticles detached from the balls during milling process.
- 7.M. Iu. Antipin, V.G. Tsirelson, M.P. Flugge, R.G. Gerr, Iu.T. Struchkov, R.P. Ozerov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 281, 854 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.C.J. Howard, T.M. Sabine, F. Dickson, Acta Cryst. B47, 462 (1991)Google Scholar
- 9.B.A. Wechsler, C.T. Prewitt, Am. Mineral. 69, 176 (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.A.W. Glenn, Rev. Mineral. 25, 38 (1991)Google Scholar
- 15.L. Diamandescu, F. Vasiliu, A.M. Vlaicu, C.M. Teodorescu, D.Tarabasanu-Mihaila, M. Feder, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of the European Ceramic Society (ECERS), Berlin (2007), in pressGoogle Scholar