Photo-induced transformations in amorphous chalcogenide nano-multilayers
- 80 Downloads
Photo-stimulated interdiffusion in a-Se/As2S3 amorphous chalcogenide nano-multilayers (ANML) is known as a useful method for amplitude-phase optical relief formation besides the known amorphous–amorphous or amorphous–crystalline photo-induced structural transformations (PST) in homogeneous chalcogenide layers, but it has a relatively narrow sensitivity spectral range and small amplitude modulation. Experimental evidences of improvement of optical recording processes were obtained in Te-, Bi-, Sb-containing nano-layered structures based on As2S3 matrix. The influence of nano-structuring and combination of components on the sensitivity, type of the recorded relief is discussed.
KeywordsOptical Transmission GeSe Optical Transmission Spectrum Wide Spectral Range Optical Recording
This work was supported by OTKA Grants T046758, K67685 and D048594, as well as by Hungarian–Indian Bilateral R&D cooperation Grants. Authors are grateful to Dr. M. Shiplyak for the help in sample preparation.
- 1.J. Singh, K. Shimakawa, Advances in Amorphous Semiconductors (CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2003)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Kikineshi, Opt. Mem. Neural Networks 4, 177 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.I. Ivan, A. Kikineshi, J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 4, 743 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.S. Kokenyesi, D.L. Beke, Abstr. Int. Symp. Non-Oxide Glasses (Cape Canaveral, USA, 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.G.Z. Vinogradova, Glass Formation and Phase Equilibriums in Chalcogenide Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) (in Russian)Google Scholar