Fabrication of Yb-doped TiO2 using liquid phase plasma process and its photocatalytic degradation activity of naproxen
- 38 Downloads
Photocatalysts responding to visible light were prepared by doping ytterbium (Yb) to TiO2 powder by LPP method. Yb2O3 nanoparticles were uniformly precipitated on the surface of TiO2 powder, and when the precursor concentration was increased, the precipitated Yb2O3 nanoparticles increased. The precipitated Yb element lowered the band gap energy of Yb-doped TiO2 photocatalyst (YTP) by 0.07 to 0.14 eV compared to bare TiO2. YTPs degraded naproxen (NPX) better than bare TiO2, especially under blue LED light (maximum wavelength 470 nm), and YTP containing higher Yb elements showed higher decomposition activity. NPX was decomposed into CO2 and H2O by decarboxylation and demethylation by hydroxyl radicals generated from TiO2 photocatalysts, suggesting a degradation pathway based on the three intermediates detected by LC/MS analysis.
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (NRF-2018R1D1A1B07049595).
- 5.Rossi R (2013) Australian medicines handbook, 2013rd edn. The Australian Medicines Handbook Unit Trust, AdelaideGoogle Scholar
- 6.Joint Formulary Committee (2013) British national formulary. Pharmaceutical Press, London, pp 665–673Google Scholar
- 29.Chung KH, Jeong S, Kim BJ, An KH, Park YK, Jung SC (2018) Enhancement of photocatalytic hydrogen production by liquid phase plasma irradiation on metal-loaded TiO2/carbon nanofiber photocatalysts. Int J Hydrogen Energy 43:1422–1429Google Scholar
- 30.Pitchaimuthu S, Honda K, Suzuki S, Naito A, Suzuki N, Katsumata K, Nakata K, Ishida N, Kitamura N, Idemoto Y, Kondo T, Yuasa M, Takai O, Ueno T, Saito N, Fujishima A, Terashima C (2018) Solution plasma process-derived defect-induced heterophase anatase/brookite TiO2 nanocrystals for enhanced gaseous photocatalytic performance. ACS Omega 3:898–905CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 34.Anwer S, Bharath G, Iqbal S, Qian H, Masood T, Liao K, Cantwell WJ, Zhang J, Zheng L (2018) Synthesis of edge-site selectively deposited Au nanocrystals on TiO2 nanosheets: an efficient heterogeneous catalyst with enhanced visible-light photoactivity. Electrochim Acta 283:1095–1104CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Méndez-Arriaga F, Gimenez J, Esplugas S (2008) Photolysis and TiO2 photocatalytic treatment of naproxen: degradation mineralization, intermediates and toxicity. J Adv Oxid Technol 11:436–445Google Scholar