Surface modification of TiO2 for the preparation of full-dull polyamide-6 polymers
- 71 Downloads
In this study, a novel surface modification approach for preparation of nanoscale titanium dioxide using aluminate coupling agent was developed. By optimizing the adding content of aluminate coupling agent and the reaction temperature, modified titanium dioxide (A-TiO2) particles with a minimum Z-average size of 32 nm and a narrow PDI of 0.214 were obtained. Further tests revealed that A-TiO2 was super-hydrophobic with water contact angle of 151.39°. Moreover, the dispersion behaviors and morphologies of TiO2 and A-TiO2 particles in different solvents were further investigated. The results indicated that A-TiO2 could be well dispersed in hot liquid caprolactam, making it suitable for preparing full-dull polyamide-6 polymers.
This project was financially supported by the National Key Research Program of China (Grant No. 2016YFB0302702), the Scientific Research Foundation of Hunan Provincial Education Department (Grant No. 17A126), and the Open Foundation of National and Local Joint Engineering Laboratory for New Petro-chemical Materials and Fine Utilization of Resources (Grant No. KF201804).
- 4.Tian C (2018) Internal influences of hydrolysis conditions on rutile TiO2 pigment production via short sulfate process. Mater Res Bull 103:83–88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2018.03.025 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Munawar MA, Schubert DW, Khan SM, Rehman MAU, Gull N, Islam A, Sabir A, Shafiq M, Haider B, Azam M, Khan SU, Voigt MM (2018) Investigation of functional, physical, mechanical and thermal properties of TiO2 embedded polyester hybrid composites: a design of experiment (DoE) study. Prog Nat Sci Mater Int 28(3):266–274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnsc.2017.12.005 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Zhang W, Chen T, Chen W (1988) Properties and application of calcium carbonate modified by aluminate coupling agent. China Plast 1:25–36Google Scholar
- 22.Xu Y, Zhang Y, Liu Q, Deng B (2012) Surface modification of nano-titanium dioxide based on polypropylene resin. New Chem Mater 40(9):81–83Google Scholar
- 24.Ren X, Luo Z, Wu C, Yang Y, Gai G (2011) Study on surface modification of heavy calcium carbonate. J China Min Univ 40(2):269–272Google Scholar
- 26.Liu T, Zhang P, Wu Y (2002) Reaction mechanism of aluminate modified talc powder and its application in rubber. Silic J 30(5):608–610Google Scholar
- 27.Guo L, Zhang Q, Xiao R, Gu L, Wang H, Li Y (2014) Effect of TiO2 surface modification on strength and dyeing properties of polyamide 6 fiber. Synth Fibre 43(1):5–11Google Scholar
- 28.Sun F, Ming W, Li W, Li X, Gu W, Wang F (1998) Relationship between optical surface properties and photocatalytic activity of titanium dioxide. Chin J Catal 19(2):121–124Google Scholar
- 29.Zhiyu W, Peisong T, Yulong J, Xianping F, Guodong Q, Zhanglian H (2004) Study on fluorescence and diffuse reflection spectrum of nanosized TiO2. Rare Met Mater Eng 33(s1):162–165Google Scholar