The role of Cu content on structure and magnetic properties of Fe–Si–B–P–Cu nanocrystalline alloys
- 150 Downloads
The increase in Cu content from 1.0 to 1.7 at.% changes the as-spun Fe86-xSi2B8P4Cux and Fe84-yMn2Si2B8P4Cuy alloys from a single amorphous phase to a composite of α-Fe nanoparticles dispersing in amorphous matrix and significantly refines the nanostructure and improves the magnetic softness of the annealed alloys. The as-spun Fe82.3Mn2Si2B8P4Cu1.7 amorphous alloy containing high number density α-Fe nanoparticles forms uniform nanostructure with fine α-Fe grains in an average size of 17 nm after annealing and exhibits low coercivity of 8.4 A m−1 and high effective permeability of 15000 at 1 kHz, which are superior to those of 38 nm, 85.4 A m−1 and 1400, respectively, for the Fe83Mn2Si2B8P4Cu1 amorphous alloy. The mechanism relating to the effect of Cu content on the grain refinement was discussed in terms of the as-spun structure and crystallization process of the alloys.
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China [Grant Nos. 51571047, 51771039] and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities [DUT17ZD212].
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 8.Zhang Y, Sharma P, Makino A (2014) Effects of cobalt addition in nanocrystalline Fe83.3Si4B8P4Cu0.7 soft magnetic alloy. IEEE Trans Magn 50:1–4Google Scholar
- 11.Jia XJ, Li YH, Wu LC, Zhang W (2018) Structure and soft magnetic properties of Fe-Si-B-P-Cu nanocrystalline alloys with minor Mn addition. AIP Adv 8:056110-1–056110-5Google Scholar
- 13.Matsuura M, Nishijing M, Takenaka K, Takeuchi A, Ofuchi H, Makino A (2015) Evolution of fcc Cu clusters and their structure changes in the soft magnetic Fe85.2Si1B9P4Cu0.8 (NANOMET) and FINEMET alloys observed by X-ray absorption fine structure. J Appl Phys 117:17A324-1–17A324-4Google Scholar
- 19.Sharma P, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Makino A (2014) Influence of microstructure on soft magnetic properties of low coreloss and high B s Fe85Si2B8P4Cu1 nanocrystalline alloy. J Appl Phys 115:17A340-1–17A340-3Google Scholar
- 21.Suzuki K, Cadogan JM (1998) Random magnetocrystalline anisotropy in two-phase nanocrystalline systems. Phys Rev B 58:2730-1–2730-10Google Scholar