Colossal dielectric, relaxor ferroelectric, diamagnetic and weak ferromagnetic properties of NdCrO3 perovskite nanoparticles
- 65 Downloads
The NdCrO3 perovskite nanoparticles have been successfully synthesized using sol–gel auto-combustion process. Structural and morphological characterizations of the material have been performed at room temperature using XRD and SEM, respectively. Frequency- and temperature-dependent dielectric measurements have been performed in the range of 1 Hz–10 MHz and RT − 300 °C, respectively. The dielectric constant is found to be in the order of ε′ > 103 at room temperature, indicating the colossal dielectric constant behaviour. Ferroelectric phase transition temperature has increased with an increase in frequency, suggesting that the material is a relaxor ferroelectric nature. Temperature- and field-dependent magnetization measurements have been carried out in the temperature range (5–400 K) and field up to 5 T. M–T curve exhibited a diamagnetic-like behaviour in low temperature and low fields. Two magnetic transitions were found at TN1 (223 K) and TN2 (33 K) which correspond to para to weak ferromagnetic transition and Nd3+ spin ordering, respectively. Hysteresis loop noticed weak ferromagnetism.
One of the authors, Jada Shanker, would like to thank SRF-UGC-RGNF for providing financial assistance to carry out this work.
Funding was provided by University Grants Commission (Grant No. F117.1/201617/RGNF201517SCTEL27682/(SAIII/Website)).
- 10.Yan LC, Hassan J, Hashim M, Yin WS, Khaoon TF, Jeng WY (2011) Effect of sintering temperatures on the microstructure and dielectric properties of SrTiO3. World Appl Sci J 14(7):1091–1094Google Scholar
- 11.Khasa S, Singh P, Sanghi S, Singh N, Agarwa A (2014) Structural analysis and dielectric characterization of Aurivillius type CaSrBi2Nb2O9 ceramics. J Integr Sci Technol 2(1):13–21Google Scholar
- 13.Sreehari Sastry S, Tanuj Kumar L, Tiong HS (2014) Dielectric studies on benzothiazole based liquid crystals at radio frequency region. Int J Innov Res Sci Eng Technol 3(3):10212–10219Google Scholar
- 16.Shrivastav BD, Barde R, Mishra A, Phadake S (2013) Frequency and temperature dependence of dielectric properties of fish scales tissues. Res J Phys Sci 1(6):24–29Google Scholar
- 19.Kleemann W, Shvartsman VV, Bedanta S, Borisov P, Tkach A, Vilarinho PM (2008) (Sr,Mn)TiO3-a magnetoelectrically coupled multiglass. J Phys: Condens Matter 20:434216Google Scholar
- 26.Shanker J, Buchi Suresh M, Suresh Babu D (2015) Synthesis, characterization and impedance spectroscopy studies of NdFeO3 perovskite ceramics. Int J Sci Eng Res 3(7):194–197Google Scholar