Piezoelectric BNT-BT0.11 thin films processed by sol–gel technique
- 634 Downloads
0.89(Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3–0.11BaTiO3, (BNT-BT0.11) thin film was fabricated by sol–gel/spin coating process, on platinized silicon wafer. Perovskite structure with random orientation of crystallites has been obtained at 700 °C. Piezoelectric activity of BNT-BT0.11 thin film was detected using piezoresponse force microscopy (PFM). Effective piezoelectric coefficient d33eff of such film, recorded at 5 V applied dc voltage, was ~29 pm/V, which is similar to other BNT-BTx thin films. The complex refractive index and dielectric function of BNT-BT0.11 thin films were also investigated. The high leakage current density significantly influences the dielectric, ferroelectric, and piezoelectric properties of the BNT-BT0.11 films.
KeywordsBaTiO3 Dielectric Function Piezoelectric Property Morphotropic Phase Boundary Piezoresponse Force Microscopy
We thank the Romanian National Program PNCDI II, Contract No. 72-153/2008, and the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research (PN09-450101, Contract No. 45N/1.03.2009) for the financial support.
- 3.Trujillo S, Kreisel J, Jiang Q, Smith JH, Thomas PA, Bouvier P, Weiss F (2005) J Phys 17:6587Google Scholar
- 19.Brinker J, Scherer GW (1990) Sol-gel science: the physics and chemistry of sol-gel processing. Academic Press Inc, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 20.Ryu SO (1999) Synthesis and characterization of ferroelectric (1 − x)SrBi2Ta2O9−xBi3TaTiO9 thin films for non-volatile memory applications. https://doi.org/scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-050699-154541/unrestricted/Chapter5.pdf
- 23.Bass M (ed) (2009) Handbook of optics, 3rd edn, vol 4: optical properties of materials, nonlinear optics, quantum optics. McGraw-Hill Comp, Inc., New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 25.Stan GE, Pasuk I, Galca AC, Dinescu A (2010) Dig J Nanomater Biostruct 5:1041Google Scholar
- 26.Ma C, Tan X (2010) Solid State Commun 150:497Google Scholar