Optical properties of PbTe doped with Nd
- 131 Downloads
Single crystals of lead telluride doped with Nd were synthesized using the Bridgeman method. Room temperature far infrared reflectivity spectra were measured for PbTe samples with Nd content in the range 0.2–0.9 at.%. Optical reflectivity in the far infrared range was measured in the temperature range between 10 and 300 K for a highly polished PbTe sample with 0.6 at.% Nd. The experimental diagrams were numerically analyzed with a fitting procedure using a modified plasmon–phonon model. Two local modes were noted and their origin was discussed. Optical electron mobility was calculated for all analyzed samples.
This work was performed as part of project F130 of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts and Project 142011G financed by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia.
- 1.Schiessl UP, John J, McCann PJ (2004) In: Choi HK (ed) Long wavelength infrared semiconductor laser. John Wiley and Sons Inc, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Dresselhaus MS, Lin MY, Koga T, Cronin SB, Rabin O, Black MR, Dresselhaus G (2001) In: Tritt TM (ed) Semiconductors and semimetals: recent trends in thermoelectric research III. Acad. Press, San Diego, CAGoogle Scholar
- 8.Akimov BA, Verteletski P, Zlomanov VP, Ryabova LI, Tananaeva OI, Shirokova NA (1989) Sov Phys Semicond 23:151Google Scholar
- 10.Nikolic PM, Lukovic D, Konig W, Nikolic MV, Blagojevic V, Vujatovic SS, Savic S, Stamenovic B (2008) J Optoelectron Adv Mater 10:145Google Scholar
- 17.Nikolić PM, König W, Luković D, Savić S, Vujatović S, Radulović K, Blagojević V (2004) J Optoelectron Adv Mater 6:811Google Scholar
- 21.Akimov BA, Nikorich AB, Ryabova LI, Shirokova NA (1989) Fiz Tekh Poluprovodn 23:1019Google Scholar
- 25.Samsonov GV (ed) (1976) Properties of elements. Part 1. Physical Properties Metallurgiya, MoscowGoogle Scholar