Fabrication of poly(methyl methacrylate) microsphere added pressure-sensitive adhesives and their physical characteristics
- 236 Downloads
Pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs), which prevent an optical film being shrank under high temperature and high humidity conditions thus protecting light-leakage phenomenon resulting from the stress induced, were synthesized in this study. Such phenomenon occurs in the edge of an LCD panel because the stress is concentrated on its edge and distorts the absorbance axis of a polarizer. To enhance performance of the PSAs, spherical PMMA microbeads were synthesized and added into the acrylic-based polymeric PSAs in this study and then light-leakage properties of each PSAs with spherical microbeads were evaluated by the light-leakage pictures of the samples. Dynamic storage modulus (G′) of the samples was also measured by a rotational rheometer and then correlated with light-leakage characteristics.
KeywordsPMMA Storage Modulus Polymeric Bead PMMA Bead Light Leakage
This work was supported by Dong Woo Fine Chem. (2008), Korea.
- 1.Baldan A (2004) J Mater Sci 39:1. doi: https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JMSC.0000007726.58758.e4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Lim CH, Ryu H, Cho UR (2009) Polym-Korea 33:319Google Scholar
- 10.Lee JY, Yoo SI (2004) IEICE Trans Inf Syst 2:1Google Scholar
- 15.Nomura N (2004) J Ind Eng Chem 10:1182Google Scholar
- 17.Lovell PM, El-Aasser MS (1997) Emulsion polymerization and emulsion polymer. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 18.Sugimoto T (2001) Monodispersed particles. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 34.Mori H, Itoh Y, Murayama M, Ogawa M, Yabuki Y, Shinagawa Y (2000) SID Digest 551Google Scholar
- 36.Satake M, Takahashi Y (2000) Nitto Tech Rep 33:48Google Scholar
- 37.Yamaoka T, Oizumi S, Satake M, Fujimura Y (1995) Nitto Tech Rep 33:41Google Scholar