Preparation of K2Ti6O13/TiO2 bio-ceramic on titanium substrate by micro-arc oxidation
- 263 Downloads
K2Ti6O13/TiO2 bio-ceramic coatings are prepared successfully by micro-arc oxidation on titanium substrate in pure KOH electrolyte solution. The coating is prepared at various applied current density (150–500 mA/cm2) and in KOH electrolyte with different concentrations (0.5–1.2 mol/L). The composition and surface morphologies of coatings are strongly dependent on the applied current density and the electrolyte concentration. On the condition of lower current density and electrolyte concentration, K2Ti6O13 phase almost cannot be formed. The phase is mainly composed of rutile and K2Ti6O13 with increasing current density and electrolyte concentration. The surface morphologies are composed of whiskers and porous structures. The ability of K2Ti6O13/TiO2 bio-ceramic films inducing apatite deposition is evaluated by soaking it in biological model fluids. The results show the K2Ti6O13/TiO2 bio-ceramic coatings possess excellent capability of inducing bone-like apatite to deposit.
KeywordsElectrolyte Concentration Rutile Phase Titanium Substrate Dielectric Breakdown Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation
This work was supported by National Science Foundation of China (No. 50674105).
- 1.Zhao ZW, Chen AL, Chen XY, Sun PM, Li HG (2006) Chin J Nonferrous Met 15:2023Google Scholar
- 3.Zhao ZW, Li HG, Sun PM, Chen XY, Masaazumi O (2005) T Nonferr Metal Soc 15:1368Google Scholar
- 4.Chen AL, Zhao ZW, Sun PM, Chen XY, Zhang G, Sun ZM (2006) Mater Rev 20:140Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang YX, Han Y, Huang P, Sun JF, Xu KW (2004) J Chin Ceram Soc 32:122Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao ZW, Li HG (2002) Rare Metal Cemen Carbi 30:6Google Scholar
- 16.Cui CX, Shen YT, Xu YJ (2003) Rare Metal Mater Eng 32:627Google Scholar
- 17.Kokubo T (1997) US Patent 5609633Google Scholar
- 18.Johnson MC (1965) Microelectron Reliab 4:230Google Scholar
- 22.Li LZ, Shao ZC, Tian YW, Kang FD, Zhai YC (2004) Corros Sci Prot Tech 16:218Google Scholar
- 24.Feng QL, Li F, Cui FZ (2002) China Patent No. CN200510013523.0Google Scholar
- 26.Qi YM, He Y, Cui CX, Liu SJ, Wang HF (2006) Funct Mater 37:1638Google Scholar