Density of states effective mass of SnBi4Se7 deduced from the temperature dependence of electrical conductivity in the activation regime
- 143 Downloads
Current–voltage (I–V) measurements on polycrystalline samples of Bi2Se3 and stoichiometric ternary compound in the quasi-binary system of SnSe–Bi2Se3 at different temperatures in the vicinity of room temperature have been performed. Also, temperature dependence of electrical conductivity has been measured. From the analysis of the temperature dependence of electron concentration in the activation regime above room temperature, the density of states effective mass, m*, has been determined. Some intrinsic and contact properties such as barrier heights, ideality factors, and carriers concentrations have been investigated using I–V characteristics. It has been found that all samples exhibit ohmic and space charge limited conduction at low and high fields, respectively.
KeywordsBarrier Height Bi2Te3 Ideality Factor Bi2Se3 SnSe
One of the authors (S. A. Ahmed) would like to thank Professor M. M. Wakkad for critical revising of the manuscript. He is also grateful to Dr. M. R. Ahmed and Dr. S. S. Sheishaa for their helpful English language support.
- 1.Birkholz U (1984) In: Heywang W (ed) Amorphe und Polykristalline Halbleiter, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 11.Nikam PS, Aher HS (1996) Indian J Pure Appl Phys 34:393Google Scholar
- 16.Sze SM (1981) Physics of semiconductor devices, 2nd edn. Wiley & Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 23.Blakemore JS (1962) Semiconductors Statistics. Pergamon Press, USAGoogle Scholar
- 27.Pujari VB, Gaikwad VB, Masumdar EU et al (2002) Turk J Phys 26:407Google Scholar
- 31.Horak J, Vlcek M, Navratil J et al (1999) Sci Pap Univ Pardubice, Czech RepublicGoogle Scholar
- 33.Castellan GW, Seitz F (1951) Semiconducting materials. Butterworths Scientific Publications, LondonGoogle Scholar