Dielectric properties of Yb2O3-doped barium strontium calcium titanate thick films for microwave device applications
- 106 Downloads
(Ba0.56Sr0.34Ca0.10)TiO3 (BSCT) thick films doped with 0.1 mol% MnCO3 and Yb2O3 (0.1–0.7 mol%) were fabricated by the screen-printing method on the alumina substrate. The structural and electrical properties as a function of Yb2O3 amount were investigated. All BSCT thick films showed the formation of a complete solid solution in a cubic perovskite polycrystalline structure. Average grain size of the specimen doped with 0.7 mol% Yb2O3 was about 2.7 μm. The thickness of all BSCT thick films was approximately 50–55 μm. The relative dielectric constant, dielectric loss, and tunability of the BSCT thick films doped with 0.3 mol% Yb2O3 were 2,966, 0.7, and 14.3%, respectively.
KeywordsBaTiO3 Thick Film Relative Dielectric Constant Yb2O3 Donor Dopant
This work has been supported by KESRI (R-2005–7-094), which is funded by MOCIE (Ministry of commerce, industry, and energy).
- 1.Lee SG, Kim CI, Kim JP, Lee SH (2003) J Kor Phys Soc 42:528Google Scholar
- 2.O’Day ME, Sengupta LC, Ngo E, Stowell S, Lancto R (1994) Proc SPIE, Conf Int Soc Opt Eng (Orando, FL), p 388Google Scholar
- 3.Lee KB, Rhee BR, Lee CK (2001) J Kor Phys Soc 38:723Google Scholar
- 5.Chen YC, Wu L, Huang CL, Chou YP, Tsai YT (2000) Jpn J Appl Phys 39:2960Google Scholar
- 8.Herbert JM (1985) Ceramic dielectric and capacitors. Gordon and Breach Science Pub, New York, p 145Google Scholar