Preparation of anatase F doped TiO2 sol and its performance for photodegradation of formaldehyde
- 932 Downloads
Anatase fluoride doped TiO2 sol (F-TiO2) catalyst was prepared by a modified sol-gel hydrothermal method, using tetra butyl titanate as a precursor. The influences of F doping, temperature of hydrothermal, values of medium pH on the morphology and crystallization were studied. The microstructure and morphology of sol sample were characterized by XRD, TEM, FTIR, UV–Vis–DRS, particle size distribution (PSD) and XPS. The results showed that F-TiO2 particles in sol were spherical and partly crystallized to anatase structure, and dispersed in the aqueous medium homogeneously and that the average particle size was ca. 10.5 nm calculated from XRD and TEM results. It was also found that the addition of fluorine could improve the crystallization and adsorption of particles significantly, the photocatalytic activity for decomposition of formaldehyde were enhanced remarkably with the doping of fluorine. Possible mechanism of anatase F-TiO2 formed under hydrothermal conditions was discussed.
KeywordsTiO2 Photocatalytic Activity Pure TiO2 Tetra Butyl Titanate Amorphous TiO2
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of Guangdong Natural Science Foundation (020863 and 036555).
- 3.Fu GF, Vary Patricia S, Chhiu-Tsu Lin, J Phys Chem B, 109 (2005) 8889Google Scholar
- 8.Choi HJ, Choi US, Han YS, Hong YG, Huh GU, Kwon CH, Lee SH, Na HS, Choi WS, US6576589, 2000.09.19Google Scholar
- 9.Gao L, Zhang YQ, Sun J, CN1295977, 2001.5.23Google Scholar
- 10.Choi YS, Jun MS, Un MS, Noh CS, O B Yang, KR2003043536, 2003.1.2Google Scholar
- 12.Kim HY, Park GS, Yang JS, KR 2003021291-A, 2003.3.15Google Scholar