Strain analysis of a GaN epilayer grown on a c-plane sapphire substrate with different growth times
- 414 Downloads
The strain analysis of a GaN epilayer with different growth times on a c-plane sapphire substrate via a two-step growth method, using low-pressure, metalorganic chemical vapor deposition, was conducted based on the precise measurement of the lattice parameters, using high-resolution X-ray diffraction. The high-temperature growth time was changed at a fixed growth condition. The c- and a-lattice parameters were measured, followed by the out-of-plane and in-plane strains. Then, the biaxial and hydrostatic components were extracted from the total strain values obtained, and were discussed in this paper as functions of GaN growth time.
KeywordsBiaxial Strain Hydrostatic Strain Increase Growth Time Biaxial Elastic Modulus Horizontal MOCVD Reactor
This work was accomplished with support from the 2005 research fund of the University of Seoul.
- 1.Nalwa HS, Rohwer LS (2003) Handbook of luminescence, display materials, and devices, vol 2. American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch, p 46Google Scholar
- 2.Pankove JI, Moustakas TD (1998) Gallium nitride (GaN). Academic Press, San Diego, p 20Google Scholar
- 3.Gil B (1998) Group nitride semiconductor compounds. Oxford University Press Inc., Oxford, p 70Google Scholar
- 4.Edgar JH, Strite S, Akasaki I, Amano H, Wetzel C (1999) Properties, processing and applications of gallium nitride and related semiconductors. INSPEC, London, p 381Google Scholar
- 14.Kittel C (1991) Introduction to solid state physics. John Wiley & Sons, Singapore, p 76Google Scholar