Co-electrodeposition and Characterization of Cu (In, Ga)Se2 thin films
Cu (In, Ga)Se2(CIGS) thin films were electrodeposited on Mo-coated soda lime glass substrate by the electrodeposition technique. The chemical bath for co-electrodeposition was prepared from copper chloride, indium chloride, gallium chloride and selenous acid. The effect of different chemical bath concentration of the CIGS films on the microstructure and electric properties has been investigated. The microstructure and morphology of the selenized CIGS thin films were investigated by X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy. The composition of the selenized CIGS thin films were characterized by energy dispersive spectroscopy. Hall coefficient, Conductivity and Mobility of the selenized CIGS thin films were measured by ACCENT HL5500 Hall System. The results indicate CIGS thin films deviate little from the ideal stoichiometric one and single chalcopyrite structure. At room temperature, electrical conductivity, Hall mobility and charge-carrier concentration of the films vary from 49.63 to 64.56 (\(\Omega \cdot\)cm)‒1,271 to 386 cm2V‒1\(\cdot\)s‒1, 8.026 × 1017 to 1.4 87×1018 cm‒3, respectively, and are dependent on the composition of the films.
KeywordsChalcopyrite Soda Lime Hall Mobility Hall Coefficient Soda Lime Glass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. P. RAFFAELLE, T. POTDEVIN and A. F.HEPP, Mater. Sci. Semiconductor 2 (1999) 289.Google Scholar
- 2.R. FRIEDFELD, R. P. RAFFAELLE and J. G. MANTOVANI, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 58 (1999) 375.Google Scholar
- 3.K. RAMANATHAN, M. A. CONTRERAS and C. L. PERKINS, Progress in Photovoltaics 11(4) (2003) 225.Google Scholar
- 6.H. K. SONG, S. G. KIM and H. J. KIM, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 7 (2003) 145.Google Scholar
- 8.T. NAKADA, Thin Solid Films 361–362 (2000) 346.Google Scholar
- 9.KAMPMANN, V. SITTINGER and J. RECHID, Thin Solid Films 361–362 (2000) 309.Google Scholar
- 10.M. E. CALIXTO, P. J. SEBASTIAN and R. N. BHATTACHARYA, Sol. Ener. Mater. Sol. Cells 59 (1999) 75.Google Scholar
- 11.O. SAVADOGO, Sol. Ener. Mater. Sol. Cells 52 (1998) 361.Google Scholar