The study of tri-phasic interactions in nano-hydroxyapatite/konjac glucomannan/chitosan composite
The interactions among the three phases of nano-hydroxyapatite (n-HA), Konjac glucomannan (KGM) and Chitosan (CS) in n-HA/KGM/CS composite were investigated using TEM, IR, XRD, XPS and TGA methods. The crystalline structure of n-HA was studied by means of Rietveld method. A series of structure parameters, such as, cell lattice parameters (a or c), bonding lengths and a numerical index of distortion for PO4 tetrahedron, were calculated by Newton–Raphson calculating method to characterize the crystalline structure of HA at atom level. The results showed that n-HA was mainly linked with KGM and CS by hydrogen bonding between OH−–PO 4 3− of n-HA and –C=O, –NH of KGM-CS copolymer, and there was a stable interface formed between the three phases in the composite. Besides, orientation of this hydrogen bonding resulted in the decrease of the relative crystallization degree of KGM-CS copolymer.
KeywordsCalcium Hydroxide Composite Powder Rietveld Method Rietveld Analysis Stretch Vibration Band
The author is appreciated the financial support of National 973 Key Basic Research Program (No.: 2004CB720604), and is also grateful for FT-IR data provided by Ms. Zhu Xiaohong (Analytical and Testing Center, Sichuan University), XRD data by Mr. Chen Shitu (Analytical and Testing Center, Sichuan University), and TGA data provided by Ms. Yang Zheng (Analytical and Testing Center, Sichuan University).
- 1.Jarcho M (1981) Clin Orthop Relat Res 157:259Google Scholar
- 4.Bajpai PK (1992) In: Hulbert JA, Hulbert SF (eds) Bioceramics. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terra Haute, IN, p 87Google Scholar
- 9.Kato K, Matsuda K (1969) Agric Biol Chem 10:1446Google Scholar
- 10.Nutricol, Konjac General Technology Bulletin (1993) FMC Corporation. Food Ingredients Division, p 44Google Scholar
- 13.Qi Li, Li Guang-ji (2004) Polymer Bulletin 6:73 Google Scholar
- 14.Rathje W (1939) Bodenk Pflernah 12:121Google Scholar
- 15.Larson AC, Von Dreele RB, Lujan M Jr (1990) GSAS-generalised crystal structure analysis system. Neutron Scattering Centre, Los Alamos National Laboratory, California, p 56Google Scholar
- 17.Bragg L (1919) The crystalline state. Vol (1) [M]. Bell G and Sons Ltds, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 20.Pang Jie, Zhang Fu-sheng (2003) Polymer Mater Sci Eng 6:18Google Scholar
- 21.William PA, Philips GO (1995) Food Polysacch Appl 8:463Google Scholar