A preliminary study on the preparation of metallic copper by direct hydrogen reduction of CuS slurry
- 88 Downloads
A preliminary study demonstrated that CuS in the acid or basic slurry could be reduced to a certain extent by hydrogen in an autoclave. The reduction mechanisms in the two systems are probably different. The reduction of CuS in the basic slurry of pH 12.0 reached 92% under the hydrothermal conditions, such as 2.5MPa of partial hydrogen pressure, 220 ºC for 3 h and adding 95% of stoichiometric ZnO.
KeywordsMetallic Copper Copper Sulfide Hydrogen Reduction Covellite Partial Hydrogen Pressure
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 50174050).
- 1.Biswas AK, Davenport WG (1994) Extractive metallurgy of copper, 3rd edn. Pergamma Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 2.James B, Lancaster T (1998) ALTA 1998. Copper Hydrometallurgy Forum, Queenlend, Australia, October 1998Google Scholar
- 3.King JA (1998) ALTA Copper Sulphides Symposium, Brisbane, Australia, October 1998Google Scholar
- 4.Evans HA (1999) Randol Copper Hydrometallurgy Roundtable1 '99, Pheonic. October 1999, 93Google Scholar
- 5.Berezowsky RM, Trytten L (2002) ALTA Copper-7 Technical Proceedings, Perth, Australia, May 2002Google Scholar
- 6.Dreisinger D, March J, Dempsey P (2002) ALTA Copper-7 Technical Proceedings, Perth, Australia, May 2002Google Scholar
- 7.Mao MH, Shu DX (1985) Extraction Metallurgy '85, IMM, London, 627Google Scholar
- 9.Liang Y, Dong M (1993) Handbook of thermodynamic data of inorganic materials. Northeastern University Press, Shenyang, p. 612 (in Chinese)Google Scholar