Impedance spectroscopy and conductivity studies on B site modified (Na0.5Bi0.5)(NdxTi1 − 2xNbx)O3 ceramics
- 157 Downloads
Nd and Nb doped sodium bismuth titanate ceramics have been synthesized and characterized. Structural properties were obtained based on the XRD pattern analysis, indicating rhombohedral symmetry at room temperature. Impedance and conductivity (DC and AC) studies were done on polycrystalline samples. The results indicate that DC and AC conduction occurs by different mechanism in each case. The possible mechanism in the present case is discussed.
KeywordsActivation Energy Dielectric Relaxor Charged Defect Ionize Oxygen Vacancy High Temperature Side
The authors would like to thank DRDO, Delhi, India for the financial support for carrying out the present research work. One of the authors Mr. Syed Mahboob would like to thank Head Department of Physics, Osmania University for providing XRD facility and to the Head, Paleontology department, GSI, Hyderabad for extending the SEM facility.
- 1.Smolenskii GA, Isupov VA, Agranovskaya AI, Krainik NN (1961) Sov Phys Solid State 2:2651Google Scholar
- 9.Aparna M (2003) Electromechanical and electrical characterization of doped perovskite ferroelectrics through impedance spectroscopy. Department of Physics Osmania University, HyderabadGoogle Scholar
- 10.Syed Mahboob GP, Kumar GS (2005) Mod Phys Letts B (communicated)Google Scholar
- 11.Ahmed AAY (2002) Z Naturforch 57a:263Google Scholar
- 12.Moulson AJ, Herbert JM (1990) Electro ceramics materials properties and applications. Chapman & Hall, London, p 226Google Scholar