Experimental investigation on constitutive behaviour of superconducting powder BSCCO
- 76 Downloads
As a superconducting material, Bi 2233/Ag tape needs high-critical transport current density Jc, which is influenced by the uniform deformation and density of BSCCO powder in filaments during the forming process. The aim of this paper is to investigate the constitutive behaviour of BSCCO powder. The modified Drucker–Prager/Cap model is introduced to describe the constitutive behaviour of BSCCO powder. A series of cyclic loading experiments for BSCCO powder in a cylinder die were carried out. Based on the experiments, the relationships between the radial stress and the axial stress were obtained, and the parameters in the constitutive model were calculated. By pushing the compact powder from the die, the coefficient of friction between the BSCCO powder and the cylinder die was determined. Finally, the modified Drucker–Prager/Cap model is proposed and used to simulate the confined compression test of BSCCO powder.
KeywordsConstitutive Model Axial Stress Radial Stress Stress Path Constitutive Behaviour
This research has been carried out under the projects 50575124 and 50305015 supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- 3.Turner CD (1994) Proc 1994 Powder Metall World Congr 713Google Scholar
- 4.Skisaya AR, Cocks ACF, Fleck NA (1994) Proc 1994 Powder Metall World Congr 757Google Scholar
- 7.ABAQUS Inc. (2003) ABAQUS Analysis User’s ManualGoogle Scholar
- 9.Suh NP (1969) Int J Powder Metall 5:69Google Scholar
- 10.Gurson AL, Yuan DW (1995) Net Shape Process Powder Mater AMD 216:57Google Scholar
- 11.Bech JI, Eriken M, Toussaint F, Doremus P, Bay N (2000) Proc 2000 Powder Metall World Congr 1453Google Scholar