Structural analysis of electrodeposited copper microstructures fabricated through template synthesis
- 67 Downloads
The electrochemical template synthesis of high aspect ratio copper microcylinders in the track-etch membranes of polycarbonate having nominal pore size of 800, 600 and 200 nm is considered. The morphological and structural analyses have been carried out through scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction, respectively. The X-ray diffraction studies reveal that the material has FCC lattice structure with a high texture coefficient for (200) planes. Regardless of the nominal pore-size of the template membrane, the texturing has been found to decrease significantly when the electrolyte temperature during fabrication is increased from 30 to 60 °C.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous financial support provided by All India Council for Technical Education, Govt. of India, New Delhi, for this research work, vide their letter no. F.No.8020/RID/R&D-84-2001-02 dated Mar. 4, 2002.
- 2.Spohr R (1990) Ion tracks and microtechnology. Vieweg Verlagsgesellschaft, BraunschweigGoogle Scholar
- 6.Brumlik CJ, Menon VP, Martin CR (1994) J Mater Res 9:1174Google Scholar
- 13.Sekhon GS, Verma NK, Kaur R, Chakarvarti SK, Kumar S (2004) Fondazione Giorgio Ronchi, Anno LIX N 4, p 529Google Scholar
- 15.Barrett CS, Massalski TB (1980) Structure of metals. Pergamon, Oxford, p 204Google Scholar
- 16.Brent L, Adams (1986) ASM metals handbook: materials characterization, vol 10, p 358Google Scholar