Polyaniline stabilized highly dispersed gold nanoparticle: an in-situ chemical synthesis route
- 535 Downloads
Among conducting polymers, polyaniline has been extensively studied due to its high environmental stability, controllable electrical conductivity and interesting redox properties associated with chain nitrogen. Potential applications of polyaniline include organic lightweight batteries , microelectronics [2, 3], electrochromic displays , electromagnetic shielding  and sensors [6, 7, 8, 9].
Polyaniline can be prepared by the electrochemical or chemical oxidation of aniline [10, 11]. Ammonium persulfate is generally used as the oxidizing agent for the preparation of polyaniline from aniline.
The incorporation of metal in the form of nanoparticles in the polymer matrix forms composite materials, which have proved to exhibit improved performances over those of the polymer alone .
KeywordsPolyaniline Aniline Gold Nanoparticles Gold Particle HAuCl4
One of us (KM) thanks the National Research Foundation and the University of the Witwatersrand for the funding of a postdoctoral research fellowship.
- 1.Kaneko M, Nakamura H (1985) J Chem Soc Chem Commun:346Google Scholar
- 5.Epstein AJ, Yue J (1991) US Patent No 5237991Google Scholar
- 19.Sarma TS, Chowdhury D, Paul A, Chattopadhyay A (2002) Chem Commun:1048Google Scholar
- 25.Lu X, Yu Y, Chen L, Mao H, Zhang W, Wei Y (2004) Chem Commun:1522Google Scholar
- 26.Sun X, Dong S, Wang E (2004) Chem Commun:1182Google Scholar