Structural, thermodynamical and optical properties of Cu2-II-IV-VI4 quaternary compounds
The Cu2-II-IV-VI4 compounds (II = Zn, Cd; IV = Si, Ge, Sn; VI = S, Se, Te) with a tetrahedral coordinated structure have been investigated, as compared with the results of the products synthesized from respective elemental mixtures. These crystal structures and melting points are determined, using differential thermal analysis and powder X-ray diffraction, respectively. The optical band gaps of these balk crystals grown by the horizontal gradient freezing or Iodine transport method are also measured by optical absorption. These melting points, lattice constants and band gaps are found to vary linearly with increasing of mean atomic weight, and can be established from the empirical equations.
KeywordsIodine Melting Point Optical Property Thermal Analysis Lattice Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. R. PAMPLIN, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 25 (1964) 675.Google Scholar
- 2.M. BÖHM, G. HUBER, A. MACKINNON, O. MADELUNG, A. SCHARMANN and E.-G. SCHARMER, Landolt-Börnstein, New Serious, Group III, Volume 17h: Physics of Ternary Compounds (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.R. NITSCHE, D. F. SARGENT and P. WILD, J. Cryst. Growth 1 (1967) 52.Google Scholar
- 4.H. MATSUSHITA, T. MAEDA, A. KATSUI and T. TAKIZAWA, ibid. 208 (2000) 416.Google Scholar
- 5.N. NAKAYAMA and K. ITO, Appl. Surf. Sci. 92 (1996) 171.Google Scholar
- 6.T. M. FRIEDLMEIER, H. DITTRICH and H.-W. SCHOCK, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No 152: Proc. 11th ICTMC (Salford, 1997) p. 345.Google Scholar
- 7.S. NOMURA, S. ENDO and T. IRIE, Electron. Commun. Jpn., Part 2 71 (1988) 101.Google Scholar
- 8.H. MATSUSHITA, S. ENDO and T. IRIE, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 1181.Google Scholar
- 9.Powder Diffraction File (Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards, Swarthmore).Google Scholar
- 10.F. IZUMI, “The Rietved Method,” edited by R. A. Young (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1993), Chap. 13; Y.-I. KIM and F. IZUMI, J. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 102 (1994) 401.Google Scholar