Fuzzy Linear Programming Approach for Solving Fuzzy Transportation Problems with Transshipment
- 352 Downloads
To find the fuzzy optimal solution of fuzzy transportation problems it is assumed that the direct route between a source and a destination is a minimum-cost route. However, in actual application, the minimum-cost route is not known a priori. In fact, the minimum-cost route from one source to another destination may well pass through another source first. In this paper, a new method is proposed to find the fuzzy optimal solution of fuzzy transportation problems with the following transshipment: (1) From a source to any another source, (2) from a destination to another destination, and (3) from a destination to any source. In the proposed method all the parameters are represented by trapezoidal fuzzy numbers. To illustrate the proposed method a fuzzy transportation problem with transshipment is solved. The proposed method is easy to understand and to apply for finding the fuzzy optimal solution of fuzzy transportation problems with transshipment occurring in real life situations.
KeywordsFuzzy transportation problem Ranking function Trapezoidal fuzzy number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Chen, M., Ishii, H., Wu, C.: Transportation problems on a fuzzy network. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 4, 1105–1109 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Dantzig, G.B., Thapa, M.N.: Linear Programming. Vol. 2: Theory and Extensions. Princeton University Press, New Jersey (1963)Google Scholar
- 10.Gani, A., Razak, K.A.: Two stage fuzzy transportation problem. J. Phys. Sci. 10, 63–69 (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.Li, L., Huang, Z., Da, Q., Hu, J.: A new method based on goal programming for solving transportation problem with fuzzy cost. In: International Symposiums on Information Processing, pp. 3–8 (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Lin, F.T.: Solving the transportation problem with fuzzy coefficients using genetic algorithms. In: IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1468–1473 (2009)Google Scholar
- 25.Stephen Dinagar, S., Palanivel, K.: The transportation problem in fuzzy environment. Int. J. Algor. Comput. Math. 2, 65–71 (2009)Google Scholar