A Fast Marching Method for the Area Based Affine Distance
- 77 Downloads
In a previous paper, it was proved that the area based affine distance of a convex region in the plane satisfies a non-homogeneous Monge-Ampère differential equation. Based on this equation, in this paper we propose a fast marching method for the computation of this distance. The proposed algorithm has a lower computational complexity than the direct method and we have proved its convergence. And since the algorithm allows one to obtain a connection from any point of the region to the boundary by a path of decreasing distance, it offers a dynamic point of view for the area based affine distance.
KeywordsAffine distances Affine geometry Fast marching methods Monge-Ampère equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Betelu, S., Sapiro, G., Tannenbaum, A.: Affine invariant erosion of 3d shapes. IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. Comput. Vis. 2, 174–180 (2001) Google Scholar
- 5.Ogniewicz, R.: Discrete Voronoi Skeletons. Hartung-Gorre (1993) Google Scholar
- 7.Sedgewick, R.: Algorithms. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1988) Google Scholar
- 9.Serra, J.: Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology, vol. 2. Academic Press, New York (1988) Google Scholar
- 11.Silva, M.A.: Esqueletos Afins e Equações de Propagação. PhD thesis, Instituto de Matemática Pura e Aplicada—IMPA (2005) (in Portuguese) Google Scholar
- 12.Silva, M.A., Teixeira, R.C.: Affine skeletons and propagation equations. Preprint (2005) Google Scholar