Synthesis of cyclodextrin–pyrrole conjugates possessing tuneable carbon linkers
- 19 Downloads
Cyclodextrins are naturally occurring cyclic oligosaccharides consisting of glucose units. The main feature of cyclodextrins is the ability to accommodate various lipophilic compounds in their interior, which determines them to be popular helpers to the mankind. However, there is still a demand for new derivatives for advanced applications. Herein, we report the synthesis of β-cyclodextrin–pyrrole conjugates. Their preparation is based on an amide bond formation or copper(I)-catalysed azide-alkyne cycloaddition between β-cyclodextrin and pyrrole derivatives. The main advantage of the synthetic approach lies in the possibility to attach the substituent in β-position, because polypyrroles possessing a substituent in this position are generally more conductive than the N-substituted ones. Moreover, the presented synthetic route is general and allows tuning the properties (various types of connections and lengths) of a linker. The presented cyclodextrin–pyrrole derivatives thus open the door for new applications in the field of sensors or tissue engineering.
Keywordsβ-Substitution Amide Click chemistry Cyclodextrin Pyrrole
This work was supported by the Project LO1201 of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in the framework of the targeted support of the “National Programme for Sustainability I” (Lukášek, Stibor, Řezanka); by the Project 16-02316Y of the Czech Science Foundation (Lukášek, Řezanka); and SGS Project No. 21176/115 of the Technical University of Liberec (Lukášek).
- 10.Shang, F., Zhou, L., Mahmoud, K.A., Hrapovic, S., Liu, Y., Moynihan, H.A., Glennon, J.D., Luong, J.H.T.: Selective nanomolar detection of dopamine using a boron-doped diamond electrode modified with an electropolymerized sulfobutylether-beta-cyclodextrin-doped poly(N-acetyltyramine) and polypyrrole composite film. Anal. Chem. 81, 4089–4098 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac900368m CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Palanisamy, S., Thangavelu, K., Chen, S.-M., Velusamy, V., Chang, M.-H., Chen, T.-W., Al-Hemaid, F.M.A., Ali, M.A., Ramaraj, S.K.: Synthesis and characterization of polypyrrole decorated graphene/beta-cyclodextrin composite for low level electrochemical detection of mercury (II) in water. Sens. Actuators B. 243, 888–894 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2016.12.068 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Fritea, L., Gorgy, K., Le Goff, A., Audebert, P., Galmiche, L., Sandulescu, R., Cosnier, S.: Fluorescent and redox tetrazine films by host-guest immobilization of tetrazine derivatives within poly(pyrrole-beta-cyclodextrin) films. J. Electroanal. Chem. 781, 36–40 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2016.07.010 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Trippé, G., Le Derf, F., Lyskawa, J., Mazari, M., Roncali, J., Gorgues, A., Levillain, E., Sallé, M.: Crown-tetrathiafulvalenes attached to a pyrrole or an EDOT unit: synthesis, electropolymerization and recognition properties. Chemistry. 10, 6497–6509 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1002/chem.200400303 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 23.Kolb, H.C., Finn, M.G., Sharpless, K.B.: Click chemistry: Diverse chemical function from a few good reactions. Angew. Chem.-Int. Ed. 40, 2004–2021 (2001) https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-3773(20010601)40:11<2004::AID-ANIE2004>3.0.CO;2-5 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Csok, Z., Vechorkin, O., Harkins, S.B., Scopelliti, R., Hu, X.: Nickel complexes of a pincer NN(2) ligand: Multiple carbon-chloride activation of CH(2)Cl(2) and CHCl(3) leads to selective carbon-carbon bond formation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 8156–8157 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja8025938 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar