The synthesis and characterization of [M(salen/salophen/saldeta)] [M=Cr(III), Mn(III) or Fe(III)] capped s-triazine cored tripodal trinuclear Schiff bases complexes
- 139 Downloads
Ligand complexes ([M(salen/salophen)]2O, [M(saldeta)]Cl shortened as LC, M=Cr(III), Mn(III) or Fe(III)), have been synthesized. 2,4,6-tris(4-formylphenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (3) was synthesized with the reaction of p-hydroxybenzaldehyde (2) and cyanuric chloride (1). 2,4,6-tris(4-(4′-carboxyphenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (5) was synthesized with the reaction of 2,4,6-tris(4-formylphenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (3) and 4-aminobenzoic acid (4). 2,4,6-tris(4-(4-carboxyphenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine was treated with SOCl2 in CH3CN, and 2,4,6-tris(4-(4′-chloroformylphenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (6) was obtained. 2,4,6-tris(4-(4′-chloroformylphenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine was reacted with 4-aminobenzoic acid or 4-hydroxbenzoic acid in CH3CN, and 2,4,6-tris(4-(4′-(4′′-carboxyphenylamido)phenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (8) and 2,4,6-tris(4-(4′-(4′′-carboxyphenylformato)phenylimino)phenoxy)-1,3,5-triazine (9) were obtained. s-Triazine cored tripodal trinuclear Schiff bases complexes were synthesized with the reaction of 8 and/or 9 and ligand complexes. The complexes have been characterized as low-spin (S = 1/2) distorted octahedral Fe(III)Salen/Salophen, low-spin (S = 1) distorted octahedral Mn(III)Salen/Salophen, high-spin (S = 5/2) distorted octahedral Fe(III)Saldeta, high-spin (S = 2) distorted octahedral Mn(III)Saldeta and (S = 3/2) distorted octahedral Cr(III)Salen/Salophen/Saldeta bridged by COO− groups. The structure of all ligand and complexes were identified by using elemental analysis, thermal analyses (TGA-DTG), magnetic susceptibility, ESI-MS, ICP–AES, UV–Vis, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR and FT-IR spectral data.
KeywordsCyanuric chloride Salen Salophen Saldeta Tripodal trinuclear complexes
This study was produced from Berkman İşçi’s M. Sc. Thesis. The authors are grateful to Karabuk University Coordinator of Scientific Research Projects (Project No: KBÜBAP-17-YL-035) for financial support in order to carry on this research work.
- 10.Naz, A., Arun, S., Narvi, S.S., Alam, M.S., Singh, A., Bhartiya, P., Dutta, P.K.: Cu(II)-carboxymethyl chitosan-silane schiff base complex grafted onnano silica: structural evolution, antibacterial performance and dyedegradation ability. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 110, 215–226 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Alizadeh, K., Nemati, H., Zohrevand, S., Hashemi, P., Kakanejadifard, A., Shamsipur, M., Ganjali, M.R., Faridbod, F.: Selective dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction and preconcentration of Ni(II) into a micro droplet followed by ETAAS determination using a yellow Schiff’s base bisazanyl derivative. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 33, 916–922 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.Shahid, M., Salim, M., Khalid, M., Tahir, M.N., Khan, M.U., Braga, A.A.C.: Synthetic, XRD, non-covalent interactions and solvent dependent nonlinear optical studies of Sulfadiazine-Ortho-Vanillin Schiff base: (E)-4-((2-hydroxy-3-methoxy-benzylidene)amino)-N-(pyrimidin-2-yl)benzene-sulfonamide. J. Mol. Struct. 1161, 66–75 (2018).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Yu, W., Jia, J., Gao, J., Han, L., Li, Y.: The preparation of a new type of ferrocene-based compounds with large conjugated system containing symmetrical aromatic vinyl with Schiff base moieties and the study of their third-order nonlinear optical properties. Chem. Phys. Lett. 661, 251–256 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Uysal, S., Koc, Z.E.: Synthesis and characterization of dopamine substitue tripodal trinuclear [(salen/salophen/salpropen)M] (M=Cr(III), Mn(III), Fe(III) ions) capped s-triazine complexes: Investigation of their thermal and magnetic properties. J. Mol. Struct. 1109, 119–126 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar