Study and Implementation of a Cooperative Hoisting for Two Crawler Cranes
- 351 Downloads
Dual-crane cooperative hoisting is necessary for heavy loads and certain equipment in petrochemical plants, but most dual-crane hoisting are carried out by two drivers commanded under one or more banksmen, thus leading to low hoisting efficiency and bad hoisting quality. Adopting cooperative manipulator technology, an automatic dual-crane cooperative hoisting system is proposed. The difference between the dual manipulator and the dual cranes are analyzed, and constraint conditions for dual-cranes cooperative hoisting are obtained. Four typical working modes are defined according to the features of cooperative hoisting of dual cranes, the corresponding cooperative equations are obtained and solved for every modes. The hardware, with which the information of different cranes and the lifted objects can be shared in real time via wireless communication, was designed, and the cooperation algorithm was implemented with the hardware. The usefulness and precision of the system was tested with the crawler cranes of SANY Company.
KeywordsCooperative hoisting Dual cranes Cooperative manipulator Automatic hoisting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Caccavale, F.: Cooperative manipulators. In: Bruno, S., Oussama, K. (eds.) Springer Handbook of Robotics, pp. 701–718. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Zi, B., Sun, H.H., Zhu, Z.C., et al.: The dynamics and sliding mode control of multiple cooperative welding robot manipulators. Int. J. Adv. Rob. Syst. 9(53), 1–10 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Bhaskar, S.V., Babu, N.R., Varghese, K.: Spline Based Trajectory Planning for Cooperative Crane Lifts, pp. 418–423. International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction 2006 (ISARC), Tokyo (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Tantisevi, K., Akinci, B.: Simulation-based identification of possible locations for mobile cranes on construction sites. J. Construc.Eng. Manage. 22(1), 21–30 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Zi, B., Qian, S., Ding, H., et al.: Design and analysis of cooperative cable parallel manipulators for multiple mobile cranes. Int J Adv Robotic Sy 9, 207 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Leban, F.A., Diaz-Gonzalez, J., Parker, G.G., et al.: Inverse kinematic control of a dual crane system experiencing base motion. IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. PP(99), 1,1Google Scholar
- 18.Eberharter, J.K., Schneider, K.: Control for Synchronizing Multi-Crane Lifts, 2010 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications Part of 2010 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control,Yokohama, Japan (2010)Google Scholar