A cloud-based platform to ensure interoperability in aerospace industry
- 453 Downloads
A new approach is proposed to address several key issues relating to interoperability for collaborative product development within networked organizations. The work innovatively combines (i) a two-phase semantic data mediation model to ensure interoperability, (ii) a cloud-based platform to enable complex collaboration scenarios and (iii) an implementation and the evaluation of the proposed approach in the aerospace industry. The latter demonstrates that data mediation delivered as a service drastically reduces cost and time needed for establishing and maintaining interoperability.
KeywordsInteroperability Cloud computing Ontologies Aerospace
This research was supported by the European Project IMAGINE Grand Agreement No: 285132.
- Abdul Ghafour, Samer. (2009). Semantic interoperability of feature-based product models. Lyon: University Claude Bernard Lyon 1.Google Scholar
- Banks, D., Erickson, J. S., & Rhodes, M. (2009). Toward cloud-based collaboration services. In Proceedings of the 2009 Conference on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing. Berkeley, CA, USA: USENIX Association.Google Scholar
- Bohring, H., & Auer, S. (2005). Mapping XML to OWL ontologies. In Leipziger Informatik-Tage, Volume 72 of LNI, (pp. 147–156). GI.Google Scholar
- BoostAerospace. (2012). BoostAerospace. www.boostaerospace.com.
- Charalabidis, Y., Koussouris, S., & Ramfos, A. (2011). A cloud infrastructure for collaborative digital public services. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, (pp. 340–347). Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- Ebneter, D., Grivas, S. G., Kumar, T. U., & Wache, H. (2010). Enterprise architecture frameworks for enabling cloud computing. In Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing, (pp. 542–543). Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- Ferreira da Silva, C. (2007). Semantic correspondences discovery among heterogenous resources in a cooperative environment. Lyon: University Claude Bernard Lyon 1.Google Scholar
- Figay, N., & Ghodous, P. (2008). Collaborative product development: EADS pilot based on ATHENA. IESA, 423–435.Google Scholar
- Gasevic, D., & Djuric, D. (2004). From UML to ready-to-use OWL ontologies. In 2nd International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, (pp. 485–490).Google Scholar
- IMAGINE. (2012). IMAGINE Website. http://www.imagine-futurefactory.eu.
- Khalfallah, M., Figay, N., Barhamgi, M., & Ghodous, P. (2013). Towards combining declarative specification with on-the-fly mediation. IEEE SCC, 691–698.Google Scholar
- Loutas, N., Kamateri, E., Bosi, F., & Tarabanis, K. (2011). Cloud computing interoperability: the state of play. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, (pp. 752–757). Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- OMG. (2011). PLM Services. http://www.omg.org/spec/PLM/.
- Software, Together. (2014). Together Workflow Server. http://www.together.at/prod/workflow/tws.
- The ASD Strategic Standardization Group (SSG). http://www.asd-ssg.org.
- Varshney, L., & Oppenheim, D. V. (2011). On cross-enterprise collaboration. In Business Process Management, (pp. 29–37). http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/conf/bpm/VarshneyO11
- WfMC. (2014). XPDL: XML Process Definition Language. http://www.xpdl.org/.
- Xu, J., Yan, J., He, L., Su, P., & Feng, D. (2010). CloudSEC: A cloud architecture for composing collaborative security services. In Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Second International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, (pp. 703–711). Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society.Google Scholar
- Xu, Z., Zhang, S., & Dong, Y. (2006). Mapping between relational database schema and owl ontology for deep annotation. In IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence.Google Scholar