Optimal MRP offsetting for assembly systems with stochastic lead times: POQ policy and service level constraint
- 222 Downloads
This study deals with component supply planning in assembly systems, i.e. where several types of components are needed to produce one finished product. The actual component lead times have random deviations, so they can be considered as random variables. MRP approach with Periodic Order Quantity policy is considered. The aim is to find the optimal MRP offsetting. The proposed model and algorithms minimize the sum of the setup and average holding costs for the components, while satisfying a desired service level.
KeywordsAssembly systems Supply planning Stochastic lead times Periodic order quantity MRP parameterization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Axsäter S. (2006) Inventory control, 2nd edition. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Elhafsi M. (2002) Optimal leadtimes planning in serial production systems with earliness and tardiness costs. IIE Transactions 34: 233–243Google Scholar
- Louly, M.A., & Dolgui, A. (2008). An optimization approach for time phasing in MRP systems. In: Preprints of the fifteen international working seminar on production economics, Innsbruck, Austria, March 3–7, vol. 3, pp. 273–280.Google Scholar
- Porteus E. L. (1990) Stochastic inventory theory. In: Heyman D. P., Sobel M. J. (eds) Hand-book in OR and MS, vol. 2. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam, pp 605–652Google Scholar
- Rao S., Schneller G. O. (1990) On the stochastic non-sequential production-planning problem. Journal of the Operational Research Society 41: 241–247Google Scholar
- Sipper D., Bulfin R. L. Jr. (1998) Production: Planning, control and integration. McGraw Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Sox C. R., Muckstadt J. A. (1996) Multi-item, multi-period production planning with uncertain demand. IIE Transactions 28: 891–900Google Scholar
- Tempelmeier H. (2006) Inventory management in supply networks: Problems, models, solutions. Books on demand GmbH, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- Zipkin P. (2000) Foundation of inventory management. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar