Genetic algorithm approach for precedence-constrained sequencing problems
- 232 Downloads
In this paper we propose a genetic algorithm (GA) approach based on a topological sort (TS)-based representation procedure for effectively solving precedence-constrained sequencing problems (PCSPs). The TS-based representation procedure used in the proposed GA approach can generate feasible sequences in PCSPs. By applying the proposed GA approach, the sequence determination problems with precedence constraints can be easily solved. Experimental results show that the proposed GA approach is a good alternative in locating optimal sequence for various types of PCSPs.
KeywordsGenetic algorithm Precedence-constrained sequencing problems Mixed integer programming Topological sort
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baker K. (1974) Introduction to sequencing and scheduling. Wiley, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Chen, C. (1990). AND/OR precedence constraint traveling salesman problem and its application to assembly schedule generation. Proceedings of 1990 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (pp. 560–562).Google Scholar
- CPLEX Optimization Method. (2008). http://www.ilog.com/products/cplex/product/algorithms.cfm.
- Gen M., Cheng R. (1997) Genetic algorithms and engineering design. Wiley, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Gen M., Cheng R. (2000) Genetic algorithms and engineering optimization. Wiley, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Pinedo M., Chao X. (1999) Operations scheduling. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar