Determination of the drug dose by fuzzy expert system in treatment of chronic intestine inflammation
- 156 Downloads
In this study, chronic intestine illness symptoms such as sedimentation and prostate specific antigen are used for the design of fuzzy expert system to determine the drug (salazopyrine) dose. Suitable drug dose for patients is obtained by using data of ten patients. The results of some patients are compared with the doses recommended to them by the physician. As a result, it has been seen that proposed system is helped to shorten the treatment duration and minimize or remove the negative effects of determination of drug dose for helping physicians.
KeywordsChronic intestine inflammation Fuzzy expert system Dose of drug Salazopyrine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allahverdi, N. (2002). Expert systems. An artificial intelligence application (248 pp). Istanbul: Atlas.Google Scholar
- Allahverdi, N. (2007). Fuzzy logic and systems. Retrieved March 21, 2007 from http://farabi.selcuk.edu.tr/egitim/blanik/index.html.
- Baykal, N., & Beyan, T. (2004). Fuzzy logic expert systems and controller. Ankara: Bıcaklar Kitabevi.Google Scholar
- Bellazzi, R., & Siviero, C. (1994). Predictive fuzzy controllers for drug delivery. In Intelligent Systems Engineering, 5–9 September, Hamburg-Harburg, Germany (pp. 262–267).Google Scholar
- Gawedal, A. E., Brier, M. E., & Zurada, J. M. (2007). Soft computing methods for drug dosing in renal anemia. Department of Medicine, University of Louisville. Retrieved March 17, 2007 from http://www.bisc.cs.berkeley.edu/FLINT/FLINTCIBI/Papers/SoftComputingMethodsforDrugDosingAdamCopy1.doc.
- Gawedal, A. E., Jacobs, A. A., & Brierl, M. E. (2003). Fuzzy rule-based approach to automatic drug dosing in renal failure. In IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (pp. 1206–1209).Google Scholar
- Lada, P., Brier, M. E., & Zurada, J. M. (1999). Therapeutic drug dosing prediction using adaptive models and artificial neural networks. In IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Washington, DC, USA (pp. 3699–3673).Google Scholar
- Nguyen, H. T., Prasad, N. R., Walker, C. L., & Walker, E. A. (2003). A first course in fuzzy and neural control. New York: Chapman and Hall/CRC.Google Scholar
- Ommaty, R. (2007). Vademecum modern drug directory. Istanbul: Pelikan & Tıp Teknik Yayıncılık.Google Scholar
- Oshita, S., Nakakimura, K., & Sakabe, T. (1994). Hypertension control during anesthesia. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology, November/December, 667–670.Google Scholar
- Ross T.J. (1995) Fuzzy logic with engineering applications. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Saritas, I. (2002). Fuzzy control in medicine field. Master Thesis, Selcuk University, Konya.Google Scholar
- Wang L.-X. (1997) A course in fuzzy systems and control. Prentice-Hall, New York, p 424Google Scholar