Dynamic consistency of fuzzy conditional temporal problems
- 73 Downloads
Conditional Temporal Problems (CTPs) can deal simultaneously with uncertainty and temporal constraints, allowing for the representation of temporal and conditional plans. CTPPs generalize CTPs by adding preferences to the temporal constraints and by allowing fuzzy thresholds for the occurrence of some events. Here we focus on dynamic consistency of CTPPs, the most useful notion of consistency in practice. We describe an algorithm which allows for testing if a CTPP is dynamically consistent and we study its complexity. Simple temporal problems with preferences and uncertainty (STPPUs) are another formalism to model temporal constraints where preference and uncertainty coexist. While uncertainty is CTPPs is modeled via conditions on the execution of variables, in STPPUs it is modelled by means of events whose occurrence time is not known. We consider the relation between CTPPs and STPPUs and we show that the former framework is at least as expressive as the second one. Such a result is obtained by providing a polynomial mapping from STPPUs to CTPPs.
KeywordsTemporal reasoning Constraints Uncertainty Preferences
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Combi, C., & Pozzi, G. (2006). Task scheduling for a temporal workflow management system. In Proceedings of TIME’06 (pp. 61–68).Google Scholar
- Dechter, R. (2003). Constraint processing. Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Falda, M., Rossi, F., & Venable, K. B. (2007a). Fuzzy conditional temporal problems: Dynamic consistency and comparison with STPPUs. In Proceedings of CAEPIA 2007, Workshop on planning, scheduling and constraints satisfaction (pp. 57–68).Google Scholar
- Falda, M., Rossi, F., & Venable, K. B. (2007b). Strong, weak, and dynamic consistency in fuzzy conditional temporal problems. In Proceedings of CSCLP 2007 (pp. 187–201).Google Scholar
- Falda, M., Rossi, F., & Venable, K. B. (2007c). Strong, weak, and dynamic consistency in fuzzy conditional temporal problems. In Proceedings of COPLAS 2007, CP’07 workshop on planning and scheduling.Google Scholar
- Khatib, L., Morris, P., Morris, R. A., & Rossi, F. (2001). Temporal constraint reasoning with preferences. In IJCAI01 (pp. 322–327).Google Scholar
- Peintner, B., & Pollack, M. E. (2004). Low-cost addition of preferences to DTPs and TCSPs. In Proceedings of AAAI’-04 (pp. 723–728). AAAI Press/The MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Rossi F., Venable K.B., Yorke-Smith N. (2006) Uncertainty in soft temporal constraint problems: A general framework and controllability algorithms for the fuzzy case. Journal of AI Research 27: 617–674Google Scholar
- Tsamardinos, I. (2001). Constraint-based temporal reasoning algorithms with applications to planning. Ph.D. thesis, University of Pittsburgh.Google Scholar