Modeling workflow activities for collaborative process planning with product lifecycle management tools
- 452 Downloads
Process planning activities are critical in manu- facturing distributed environments where different companies need to collaborate in product development. In this work, we propose a workflow model for a collaborative process planning environment in which original equipment manufacturer and suppliers companies interact with the help of Product Lifecycle Management and CAD/CAM tools. The proposed workflow model establishes the different activities, the information flows and the different stages that must be followed by all the participants. A pilot implementation has been made in order to validate the model in a realistic industrial scenario.
KeywordsCollaborative process planning Product lifecycle management Extended enterprise Workflow management
- Ahn S.H., Sundararajan V., Smith C., Kannan B., D’Souza R., Sun G., Mohole A., Wright P.K., Kim J., McMains S., Smith J. and Sequin C.H. (2001). CyberCut: An Internet-based CAD/CAM System. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering Transactions of the ASME 1: 52–59 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Business Process Management Initiative (BPMI). (2004). Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) Specification 1.0.Google Scholar
- Contero, M., & Vila, C. (2004). Collaborative engineering. Advances in electronic business (Vol. I, pp. 87–122). Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing.Google Scholar
- Guerra-Zubiaga, D. & Young, R. I. M. (2007). Design of a manufacturing knowledge model. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 1–14. doi: 10.1080/0951192070125804.
- Ming X.G., Yan J.Q., Lu W.F. and Ma D.Z. (2005). Technology solutions for collaborative product lifecycle management—Status review and future trend. Concurrent Engineering Research and Applications 13: 311–319 Google Scholar
- Van den Hamer, P., & Lepoeter, K. (1996). Managing design data: The five dimensions of CAD frameworks, configuration management, and product data management. Proceedings of the IEEE, 84, 42–56.Google Scholar
- WfMC. (1999). Workflow management coalition: Terminology and glossary. http://www.wfmc.org.
- WS-BPEL Committee. (2006). Web services business process execution language. Version 2.0. Working Draft. http://www.oasis-open.or.