Properties of Cu, Ni, and V doped-LaCrO 3 interconnect materials prepared by pechini, ultrasonic spray pyrolysis and glycine nitrate processes for SOFC
- 296 Downloads
The ceramic interconnect,La0.8Sr0.05Ca0.15(Cr1 −x , Bx)O3 (B = Cu, Ni, V, x = 0.02, 0.1, 0.5) (LSCCB) powders were prepared by Pechini method, Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis (USP) and Glycine Nitrate Process (GNP). Nano sized powders were synthesized by GNP and their chemical compositions were confirmed by ICP analysis. The electrical conductivities of LSCCCu, LSCCNi, and LSCCV samples were 34 S/cm, 48 S/cm, and 22 S/cm at 800∘C in air, respectively. Among the LSCCB powders, the LSCCNi sample shows highest relative density and electrical conductivity. In a low oxygen partial pressure, however, LSCCV sample was more stable. The perovskite phase of the composition LSCCV sample is of large practical interest for interconnects in SOFC because of the stability in low oxygen partial pressure.
KeywordsCeramic interconnect Pechini method Ultrasonic spray pyrolysis Glycine nitrate process Solid oxide fuel cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N.Q. Minh and T. Takahashi, Science and Technology of Ceramic Fuel Cells (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1995), p. 165.Google Scholar
- 2.S.C. Singhal and K. Kendall, High Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (Elsevier, Kidlington, 2003), p. 173.Google Scholar
- 6.J.H. Kim, D.P. Peck, R.H Song, G.Y. Lee, D.R. Shin, S.H. Hyun, J. Wackerl, and K. Hilpert, Synthesis and Sintering Properties of (La0.8 Ca0.2-x Srx)CrO3 Perovskite Materials for SOFC interconnect. J. Electroceramics, in press, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Koc and H.U. Anderson, J. Mater. Sci., 9, 285 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.W.Z. Zhu and S.C. Deevi, Mater. Sci. Eng., A00, 1 (2002).Google Scholar
- 13.T.R. Armstrong, J.S. Hardy, S.P. Simner, and J.W. Stevenson, (SOFC-VI), Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on SOFCs (Honolulu, Hawaii, Oct. 17–22, 1999), p. 706.Google Scholar
- 14.B.K. Flandermeyer and J.T. Desek, Abstract of National Fuel Cell Seminar (Tucson, Arizona, 1986), p. 68.Google Scholar
- 17.I.F. Kononyuk, S.P. Tolochko, and N.G. Surmach, Neorg. Mater., 22, 98 (1986).Google Scholar