Guiding effective decisions: an interview with Matthew Segall, CEO of Optibrium
- 89 Downloads
Open image in new window Matt Segall has an M. Sc. in computation from the University of Oxford and a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the University of Cambridge. As Associate Director at Camitro (UK), ArQule Inc. and then Inpharmatica, he led a team developing predictive ADME models and state-of-the-art, intuitive, decision-support and visualization tools for drug discovery. In January 2006, he became responsible for management of Inpharmatica’s ADME business, including experimental ADME services and the StarDrop  software platform. Following acquisition of Inpharmatica, Matt became Senior Director responsible for BioFocus’s ADMET division and in 2009 led a management buyout of the StarDrop business to found Optibrium.
Optibrium has been here at this very attractive science park (IQ Cambridge) for about 18 months now. What’s the history?
Ed Champness (our CSO) and I founded Optibrium in 2009 as a spin-out of BioFocus. We had been responsible for the development...
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Theoretical Physic Drug Discovery Activity Relationship Structure Activity
- 1.StarDrop. Optibrium Ltd., 7226 IQ Cambridge, Beach Drive, Cambridge, CB25 9TL, UK. http://www.optibrium.com/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 3.CACTVS. Xemistry GmbH, Hainholzweg 11, D-61462 Königstein, Germany. http://22.214.171.124/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 4.Molecular Networks. Molecular Networks GmbH - Computerchemie, Henkestrasse 91, 91052 Erlangen, Germany. http://www.molecular-networks.com/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 5.Pipeline Pilot. Accelrys, Inc., 10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121, USA. http://accelrys.com/products/pipeline-pilot/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 7.QikProp. 120 West 45th Street, 17th Floor, Tower 45, New York, NY 10036-4041, USA. http://www.schrodinger.com/products/14/17/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 8.ADMET Predictor. Simulations Plus, 42505 10th Street West, Lancaster, CA 93534-7059, USA. http://www.simulations-plus.com/Products.aspx?grpID=1&cID=11&pID=13&gclid=CKSsv4G91aUCFUYe4QodOzOclA. Accessed Dec 2010
- 9.ACD/ADME Suite. Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., 110 Yonge Street, 14th floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5C 1T4. http://www.acdlabs.com/products/pc_admet/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 10.MetaSite. Molecular Discovery, Via Stoppani, 38, 06135 Ponte San Giovanni, Perugia, Italy. http://www.moldiscovery.com/soft_metasite.php. Accessed Dec 2010
- 11.SARchitect. Strand Life Sciences, 5th Floor, Kirloskar Business Park, Bellary Road, Hebbal, Bangalore, 560024, India. http://www.strandls.com/Sarchitect. Accessed Dec 2010
- 12.MOE. Chemical Computing Group, 1010 Sherbrooke St. W, Suite 910, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2R7. http://www.chemcomp.com/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 13.SYBYL-X. Tripos Inc., Tripos, 1699 South Hanley Road, St. Louis, MO 63144-2319, USA. http://www.tripos.com/index.php?family=modules,SimplePage,,,&page=comp_informatics&s=0. Accessed Dec 2010
- 14.Discovery Studio. Accelrys, Inc., 10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121, USA. http://accelrys.com/products/discovery-studio/admet.html. Accessed Dec 2010
- 16.The Optibrium community. http://www.optibrium.com/community. Accessed Dec 2010
- 17.TIBCO Spotfire. Tibco Software, Inc., 212 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02144, USA. http://spotfire.tibco.com/. Accessed Dec 2010
- 18.Vortex. Dotmatics Ltd.,The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishops Stortford, Herts CM23 2ND, UK. http://www.dotmatics.com/products_vortex.jsp. Accessed Dec 2010
- 19.SEURAT. Synaptic Science LLC, 155 Gibbs St, Suite 430, Rockville, MD 20850-0353, USA. http://www.synapticscience.com/seurat/. Accessed Dec 2010