Spectral Characteristics of Hydroxyflavones Adsorbed on an Alumina Surface
- 15 Downloads
Quercetin and rutin upon adsorption on alumina were found to form colored chelate complexes with alumina surface groups similar to complexes with Al(III) ions in solution. The optical density of the alumina dispersion in the presence of these hydroxyflavones is greatest in neutral media and linearly dependent on their concentration in the initial solution. The conditional molar absorption coefficients of the surface quercetin (εS434 = 4386 g/(mole·cm)) and rutin complexes (εS403 = 5280 g/(mole·cm)) were determined. Highly dispersed alumina can be proposed as a solidphase reagent for the determination of quercetin and rutin in preparations of medicinal plants by a spectrophotometric or visual test method.
Keywordsrutin quercetin alumina spectral properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Andersen and K. R. Markham, Flavonoids. Chemistry, Biochemistry and Applications, Boca Raton CRC Press, New York (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. I. Yashin, V. Yu. Ryzhnev, A. Ya. Yashin, and N. I. Chernousova, Natural Antioxidants. Content in Food Products and Their Effect on Human Health and Aging [in Russian], TransLit, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. S. Tarakhovskii, Yu. A. Kim. B. S. Abdrasilov, and E. N. Muzafarov, Flavonoids: Biochemistry, Biophysics, Medicine [in Russian], Synchrobook, Pushchino (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Dmitrienko, V. A. Kudrinskaya, and V. V. Apyari, Zh. Analit. Khim., 67, No. 4, 340–353 (2012).Google Scholar
- 12.O. A. Zaporozhets, O. A. Krushynska, N. A. Lipkovska, and V. M. Barvinchenko, Farmakom, Nos. 1/2 , 51–58 (2006).Google Scholar
- 13.N. A. Lipkovska, O. A. Zaporozhets, O. A. Krushynska, V. M. Barvinchenko, and O.O. Dovbii, Farmakom, No. 4, 69–74 (2008).Google Scholar
- 16.N. Ya. Bernshtein and Yu. L. Kaminskii, Spectrophotometric Analysis in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1986).Google Scholar
- 17.N. A. Lipkovska, V. N. Barvinchenko, T. V. Fedyanina, and A. A. Rugal, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 81, No. 4, 589–593 (2014) [J. Appl. Spectrosc., 81, 644–648 (2014)].Google Scholar