Luminescence of Eu3+ in Yttrium–Alumina Films on Fused Silica Substrates
- 30 Downloads
Films of Eu-doped yttrium–alumina composites (YAG:Eu) with Eu concentrations of 0.020, 0.025, and 0.030 M were synthesized by the sol-gel technique. The films were fabricated by centrifugation onto fused silica followed by heat treatment. It was shown that spectra of films that were heat treated at 800–1200oC for 30 min exhibited luminescence bands in the visible range that corresponded to Eu3+ optical transitions 5D0 → 7Fj (j = 0, 1, …, 4). The films were x-ray amorphous whereas powder formed from the used sol with Eu concentration 0.20 M after heat treatment at 1000oC was crystalline Y3Al5O12. Practical applications of the obtained Eu-doped Y–Al composites as converters of UV radiation into the visible range and as other photonic structures were discussed.
Keywordseuropium sol-gel technique garnet luminescence film powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.W. G. J. H. M. van Sark, A. Meijerink, and R. E. I. Schropp, Third Generation Photovoltaics, in: Third Generation Photovoltaics, V. Fthenakis (monograph), InTech, Rijeka, Croatia (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Molchan, N. V. Gaponenko, R. Kudrawiec, J. Misiewicz, G. E. Thompson, and P. Skeldon, J. Electrochem. Soc., 151, 16–21 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Ling, Z. Li, and J. Liu, in: Materials of the 2nd Int. Conf. Modelling, Identification and Control, August 9–10, 2015, Paris (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.G. G. Mikhailov and L. A. Makrovets, Vestn. YuUrGU, Ser. Metall., 14, 5–10 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.N. V. Gaponenko, I. S. Molchan, S. V. Gaponenko, A. V. Mudryi, A. A. Lyutich, Ya. Misevich, and R. Kudravets, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 70, 57–61 (2003) [N. V. Gaponenko, I. S. Molchan, S. V. Gaponenko, A. V. Mudryi, A. A. Lyutich, Ya. Misiewicz, and R. Kudrawiec, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 70, 59–64 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 14.S. M. Lima, L. H. da C. Andrade, R. S. Junior, A. C. Bento, M. L. Baesso, J. A. Sampaio, L. A. de O. Nunes, Y. Guyot, and G. Boulon, Opt. Express, 20, 12658–12665 (2012).Google Scholar