Resonance Fluorescence of Optically Dense Ensembles of Three-Level Resonant Centers Under Conditions of Energy-Level Population Auto-Oscillations*
- 60 Downloads
A consistent theoretical approach for analyzing the dynamics of three-level resonant centers interacting locally with a laser field was presented. The formalism was based on the behavior of a density matrix for an optically dense ensemble of multi-level resonant centers in an external field. It was shown that the influence of the local field on the ensemble dynamics in an external field of constant intensity that resulted in the well-known intrinsic (non-cavity) optical bistability could also be a reason for auto-oscillations of the level populations. As a result, new components appeared in the resonance fluorescence spectra as compared with the spectrum of a single resonant center.
Keywordsresonance fluorescence three-level V-type resonant centers local field optically dense ensemble auto-oscillations level population fluorescence spectrum bistability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Allen and J. H. Eberly, Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms, Wiley, Chichester, Engl. (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics; Electromagnetic Theory of Propagation, Interference and Diffraction of Light, Pergamon Press, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 16.V. N. Lisitsyn and V. P. Chebotaev, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 7, 3–6 (1968).Google Scholar
- 18.H. Haken, Laser Light Dynamics, North-Holland Publ., Amsterdam (1986).Google Scholar
- 19.S. P. Kuznetsov, Dynamic Chaos [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar
- 20.R. A. Vlasov, A. M. Lemeza, and M. G. Gladush, Laser Phys. Lett., 10, 045401(1–7) (2013).Google Scholar
- 22.A. I. Zaitsev, I. V. Ryzhov, E. D. Trifonov, and V. A. Malyshev, Opt. Spektrosk., 87, 827–835 (1999).Google Scholar
- 24.M. G. Gladush, Influence of Self-Consistent Field Effects on Spectral and Field Characteristics of Resonant Light Scattering [in Russian], Candidate Dissertation in Physical-Mathematical Sciences, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 28.N. S. Bakhvalov, N. P. Zhidkov, and G. M. Kobel’kov, Numerical Methods [in Russian], Binom, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar