Phenanthrenequinone–polymethylmethacrylate composite for polarization phase recording
- 63 Downloads
We present the results of an experimental study of photoanisotropy in polymethylmethacrylate layers containing phenanthrenequinone. We consider the characteristic features of inducing birefringence for different contents of the photosensitive molecules and temperatures of the layer. We propose a mechanism for appearance of photoinduced birefringence; we explain the concentration and temperature dependences of its magnitude based on the dimerization of phenanthrenequinone, established from the IR spectra. We have observed stability of the photoinduced birefringence relative to subsequent exposure to optical radiation, which can be used to improve contrast when converting polarization phase images to amplitude images.
Key wordsphotosensitive polymer phenanthrenequinone photoinduced birefringence optical polarization recording
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Veniaminov, V. F. Goncharov, and A. P. Popov, Opt. Spektrosk., 70, 864–869 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Andreeva, O. V. Bandyuk, A. A. Paramonov, A. S. Cherkachov, E. R. Gavrilyuk, and P. V. Andreev, Opt. Zh., 67, 27–33 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.D. N. Marmysh, A. I. Stankevich, and V. V. Mogil’nyi, in: Proceedings, International Conference on Interaction of Radiation with Solids, 26–28 September 2007 [in Russian], Izdat. Tsentr BGU, Minsk (2007), pp. 47–49.Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Mogil’nyi and A. V. Trofimova, in: Proceedings, Seventh International Conference on Laser Physics and Optical Technology, 17–19 June 2008 [in Russian], Inst. Fiziki NANB, Minsk (2008), pp. 147–150.Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Mogil’nyi, A. V. Trofimova, and A. I. Stankevich, in: Proceedings, International Conference on Interaction of Radiation with Solids, 28–30 September 2005 [in Russian], Izdat. Tsentr BGU, Minsk (2005), pp. 246–248.Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Trofimova and V. V. Mogil’nyi, Vestn. Bel. Gos. Univ., Ser. 1, No. 1, 18–22 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.O. V. Bandyuk, N. S. Shelekhov, A. P. Popov, and N. Ya. Danilova, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 61, 946–948 (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.V. V. Mogil’nyi and A. V. Trofimova, in: Proceedings, International Conference on Applied Optics-2008, 20–24 October 2008 [in Russian], Izdat. Tsentr SPbGU ITMO, St. Petersburg (2008), Vol. 2, pp. 230–234.Google Scholar
- 16.N. G. Bakhshiev, Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy [in Russian], Izdat. Leningr. Univ., Leningrad (1987), pp. 126–128.Google Scholar
- 18.D. Togashi and D. Nicodem, Spectrochim. Acta, 60A, 3205–3212 (2004).Google Scholar
- 21.A. V. Trofimova, in: Proceedings, Fifth International Conference on Optics-2007, 15–10 October 2007 [in Russian], Izdat. Tsentr SPbGU ITMO, St. Petersburg (2007), pp. 202–203.Google Scholar