Plastic macrodeformation of polycrystalline and submicrocrystalline titanium for biomedical applications
The deformation behavior of commercially pure submicrocrystalline and coarse-grained titanium was studied at the macroscopic level. Stress-strain curves of the materials were analyzed. Time-space distributions of local strains were studied at all stages of strain hardening using speckle interferometry. The life time of test specimens of the materials and the coordinates of the fracture region were calculated theoretically and confirmed experimentally. The motion of the zones of localized plasticity was studied. The prefracture stage was shown to involve “condensation” of the zones of localized plasticity and migration of deformation to the fracture neck.
Key wordsplastic deformation strain localization submicrocrystalline and polycrystalline titanium kinetics of zones of localized plasticity fracture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Vikhrov, T. A. Kholomina, P. I. Begun, and P. N. Afonin, Biomedical Materials Technology, Goryachya Liniya-Telecom, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Karlov and V. P. Shakhov, Systems of External Fixation and Regulatory Mechanisms of Optimal Biomechanics [in Russian], Izd. Sib. Gos. Med. Univ., Tomsk (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Z. Valiev and I. V. Aleksandrov, Nanostructural Materials Produced by Intense Plastic Deformation [in Russian], Logos, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. P. Sharkeev, A. D. Bratchikov, Yu. R. Kolobov, et al., “Nanostructural titanium for biomedical applications,” Fiz. Mezomekh., 7, Special issue, 107–110 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.L. B. Zuev, V. I. Danilov, and B. S. Semukhin, “Time-space hardening in plastic deformation of solids,” Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 3, No. 3, 237–304 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.R. W. K. Honeycombe, The Plastic Deformation of Metals, Edward Arnold, London (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.L. B. Zuev and V. I. Danilov, “On the kinetics of macrodomains of localized plasticity in the metal prefracture stage,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 75, No. 12, 102–105 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Danilov, L. B. Zuev, V. V. Gorbatenko, et al., “Using speckle interferometry to study the localization of plastic deformation,” Zavod. Lab., 72, No. 12, 40–45 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.Ya. B. Zel’dovich and A. D. Myshkis, Elements of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Strel’nikova, L. B. Zuev, and V. I. Danilov, “Localized plasticity ineformation and fracture of Duralumin,” Fiz. Mezomekh., 9, Special issue, 87–90 (2006).Google Scholar