A Fast Exact Algorithm for Deployment of Sensor Nodes for Internet of Things
- 39 Downloads
The deployment problem of sensor nodes of Internet of things (IoT) can be abstracted as listing minimal dominating sets of a graph. The problem of listing all the minimal dominating sets in a graph can be converted to the problem of state space search among candidate vertex sets. The search and optimization technologies, such as the bidirectional search and branch cut, can be applied to solve the problem effectively. Our experiments show that the new algorithm can reduce the running time by at least an order of magnitude, compared to a state-of-the-art algorithm for listing all the minimal dominating sets.
KeywordsGraph Minimal dominating set Exact algorithm State space search
This research was partially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 71771006, 71171010).
The authors wish to thank those anonymous reviewers who gave us much valuable advice to revise this manuscript. This research was partially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 71771006 No. 71171010 all to Haijun Yang).
- Fomin, F. V., Kratsch D., & Woeginger, G. J. (2004). Exact (Exponential) Algorithms for the Dominating Set Problem. 30th International Workshop on Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science - WG, Bad Honnef, Germany, June 21–23, 245–256.Google Scholar
- Fomin, F. V., Grandoni, F., & Kratsch, D. (2005a). Measure and conquer: Domination - a case study. Proceedings of the 32nd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, Lisbon, Portugal, 191–203.Google Scholar
- Fomin F. V., Grandoni F., Pyatkin A. V., & Stepanov A. A. (2005b). Bounding the number of minimal dominating sets: A measure and conquer approach. Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation. Sanya, Hainan, China, 573–582.Google Scholar
- Fomin F.V., Grandoni F., Pyatkin A.V., & Stepanov A. A. (2008). Combinatorial bounds via measure and conquer: Bounding minimal dominating sets and applications. ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 5(1), 9:1–17.Google Scholar
- Kratsch, D. (2008). Exact algorithms for dominating set. In Encyclopedia of Algorithms (pp. 284–286). Boston: Springer.Google Scholar
- Luger, G. F. (2008). Artificial intelligence: Structures and strategies for complex problem solving (6th ed.). New Jersey: Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- Randerath, B., Schiermeyer, I. (2004). Exact algorithms for minimum dominating set. Technical Report zaik-469, Zentrum für Angewandte Informatik, Köln, Germany.Google Scholar
- Tien, J. M. (2017). Internet of Things, Real-Time Decision Making, and Artificial Intelligence. Annals of Data Science, 4(2), 149–178.Google Scholar